~emersion/mrsh-dev

3 3

Plans for an config file?

<LyCVAaZ--3-2@tutanota.de>
Are there any plans for file like config file to place aliases and change PS1 in, or is that out of mrsh's scope, and is more likely to be covered by something like imrsh?

--
Caleb
<BZRSKY6TMGL4.2448ZHR0HLPC3@homura>
On Fri Jan 10, 2020 at 4:30 AM, Caleb wrote:
> Are there any plans for file like config file to place aliases and
> change PS1 in, or is that out of mrsh's scope, and is more likely to be
> covered by something like imrsh?

You should use a combination of your profile and env for this.
~/.profile (and /etc/profile) is sourced when you log in (that is, when
mrsh is run as your login shell), and the ENV variable is treated as the
path to another script to source for each session.

I have the following in /etc/profile.d/env.sh:

ENV=$HOME/.env

Then I put much of my configuration in ~/.env.
<LyGLqKC--3-2@tutanota.de>
In-Reply-To
<BZRSKY6TMGL4.2448ZHR0HLPC3@homura> (view parent)
Jan 9, 2020, 22:30 by sir@cmpwn.com:

> On Fri Jan 10, 2020 at 4:30 AM, Caleb wrote:
>
>> Are there any plans for file like config file to place aliases and
>> change PS1 in, or is that out of mrsh's scope, and is more likely to be
>> covered by something like imrsh?
>>
> You should use a combination of your profile and env for this.
> ~/.profile (and /etc/profile) is sourced when you log in (that is, when
> mrsh is run as your login shell), and the ENV variable is treated as the
> path to another script to source for each session.

I put the two lines

printf "profile\n"
ENV=$HOME/.env

into my ~/.profile, and

printf "env\n"

into my ~/.env file. When I log into a new tty the text "profile" appears, but not "env". Based on your above text I don't think I should have to, but do I need to source .env as well? If I run echo $ENV the value is correct. Is it possible I'm missing something in /etc/profile or /etc/profile.d/ that will source $ENV?

--
Caleb
<BZSMGQ5O30RM.2AFTV4HVZEMJU@alpine>