~emersion/public-inbox

2 2

[go-smtp] existing users on the public internet?

<20200529182946.GN23259@hochhaus.us>

We have been using a [go-smtp](https://github.com/emersion/go-smtp) based
server for some time on a private network and really enjoy the library thus
far. We are now evaluating go-smtp for an external server exposed to the public
internet.

Do you know of existing users with servers on the public internet? Is the
library considered mature enough to be exposed publicly?

Best,
Andy
Hubert Hirtz
<4e59031d-6a1f-dee8-e9be-47052cebf998@laposte.net>
In-Reply-To
<20200529182946.GN23259@hochhaus.us> (view parent)

There's maddy[0], an imap and smtp server that some people (me included)
use.  Maybe this isn't what you're looking for since it's not
battle-tested like postfix or anything, but it's built on go-smtp (and
most of emersion's libraries).

[0] https://github.com/foxcpp/maddy/blob/master/go.mod#L20

Hubert
<rBoyDxHyrfXUrKYh_Qh_HvPoYtDkyFmPmJNL2NGfRoTFt1USGvhGz0Lfs-gPgI-_hlQrJzSA7aojICyueF6JVNougVegrzbLsDl07FDdai0=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<20200529182946.GN23259@hochhaus.us> (view parent)

Sorry for the delay, it seems like this e-mail has slipped through the
cracks.

On Friday, May 29, 2020 8:29 PM, <andy@hochhaus.us> wrote:

> We have been using a go-smtp based
> server for some time on a private network and really enjoy the library thus
> far. We are now evaluating go-smtp for an external server exposed to the public
> internet.

Nice!

> Do you know of existing users with servers on the public internet? Is the
> library considered mature enough to be exposed publicly?

Hubert has already mentioned Maddy. I heard about a few companies using
the server part of go-smtp, but don't remember the details.

ProtonMail uses it for their bridge, however it's not exposed to the
public Internet.

Cheers,

Simon
Export thread (mbox)