~emersion/public-inbox

1

[go-message] Can't parse message without body

<BZEUR5YOAGEZ.LXCLQCBT1L84@tachibana>
As commented on IRC, I subscribed to Alpine's mailing list by sending a
completely empty email using aerc, filling only the `To` field. No
subject, no body.

When I try to open the sent email, it crashes 100% of the time. I
managed to trace the problem back to your `go-message`, library, so
that's why I'm posting it here instead of aerc's mailing list.

I don't know if this is even a valid message, but that's what was sent,
and what I'm getting when I `:pipe tee $file` the message from within
aerc.
<vGhpBTG7_Xu0r4WTszR84aPo0rrwC4D361B2-1e7a8FL-b7OGQKdRqWAVBkHWSaTX4ebWCPfEbwrtFnrkgkVarDrM5nBiQ11DS2GcD5xf9M=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<BZEUR5YOAGEZ.LXCLQCBT1L84@tachibana> (view parent)
On Wednesday, December 25, 2019 11:28 PM, shiroyasha <shiroyasha@tobiichi.moe> wrote:

> As commented on IRC, I subscribed to Alpine's mailing list by sending a
> completely empty email using aerc, filling only the `To` field. No
> subject, no body.
>
> When I try to open the sent email, it crashes 100% of the time. I
> managed to trace the problem back to your `go-message`, library, so
> that's why I'm posting it here instead of aerc's mailing list.
>
> I don't know if this is even a valid message, but that's what was sent,
> and what I'm getting when I `:pipe tee $file` the message from within
> aerc.

Per [1], it seems like [CRLF body] is optional, so the message should
be valid. This is a bug in go-message. Would you send a patch to fix
it?

Thanks,

Simon

[1]: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322#section-3.5