~emersion/public-inbox

4 2

Please make the blog a little easier to use

<MU5NpSi--3-2@tutanota.com>
when clicking on a title of a blog, itwould be beneficial if it would change color to show that it isvisited, when visiting your  blog I and possibly othershave a hard time remembering what we already read.

I made a similar request to drew devault for his blog and he implemented it (so maybe you can share some code or something).

--

Sent with Tutanota, the secure & ad-free mailbox:
https://tutanota.com

    a:visited {
    	background-color: red;
    }

Feel free to send a patch if you manage to make it work.
<MUFdnrP--3-2@tutanota.com>
In-Reply-To
<4dnHzHaZScH7aBfeiU_xpPz8nTZO0MSXBW2OaSnKDGNWTUnlFLSNTQSGFIAO6Kpssz0nf8xoaa0PQXXK0nn0Mq6QytTyBwPeJIr_KxBG9Gg=@emersion.fr> (view parent)
No idea why backup color does not work, but using "color" does seem to work (which is also how i think it's implemented in most sites:

a:visited {
color: red;
}

You can of course use some other color that fits your taste.

I tried to send you a modified html but it got blocked. I also don't see where do i have to change the line on https://github.com/emersion/emersion.fr to add this.

--

Feb 22, 2021, 15:59 by contact@emersion.fr:

> Tried applying a different background-color when visisted, but doesn't
> seem to work:
>
>  a:visited {
>  background-color: red;
>  }
>
> Feel free to send a patch if you manage to make it work.

<9Lo8uLSAy6Hs5LJjG4f3f9hwDEH6VpC0H8IRF0_CDfxElNE-NaR1MknEyMc25cc8xuBaNhTYtYatbedxrvU-yfNz5Qd3vBwzKH4GV1Of0FE=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<MUFdnrP--3-2@tutanota.com> (view parent)
Yeah, I wanted to do experiment something with background-color or
opacity. Apparently opacity won't work, and background-color only works
if the non-visited version has a non-transparent background-color. Oh
well.

I'll see if I can come up with something not ugly.
<puM3loOt8L4TYqyTS9Jl0Oied1T-pgaxG_yMe7QaEzKKvld9e3Ao4xbCkYUKflUNW33afXd-aWU7m03xpOYf-VKvphnQuhh4bSxQmGu0Jsk=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<9Lo8uLSAy6Hs5LJjG4f3f9hwDEH6VpC0H8IRF0_CDfxElNE-NaR1MknEyMc25cc8xuBaNhTYtYatbedxrvU-yfNz5Qd3vBwzKH4GV1Of0FE=@emersion.fr> (view parent)
Sorry, tried again to come up with something, but there are just too
many cases to handle between the light/dark themes and the
headers/paragraphs/muted styles.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)