~emersion/public-inbox

2 2

gamja bare-bones scope

Jordan Ellis Coppard
<bf92b015-8f02-320f-a9a6-2db9789cecb2@wz.ht>
Hi all,

I'm looking to start contributing to Gamja so I just want to clarify
what things may or may not be in-scope given the bare-bones nature of
the project (which I like). Would a vim-key emulation layer (take that
how you will) be in scope either 'baked-in' or through a plugin system?

Regards,
Jordan
<mEco-7MDMeXtpsa6bKl7_YURcPSsAF24wA73E2z8W6NL4ZCgWzxD5bNr3cO88Z_ewDirYJ4A45g6BtMNKoAzNRA6Il4Dnfvzfp5j6kM-Nio=@emersion.fr>
In-Reply-To
<bf92b015-8f02-320f-a9a6-2db9789cecb2@wz.ht> (view parent)

On Wednesday, March 24th, 2021 at 1:55 PM, Jordan Ellis Coppard <jc@wz.ht> wrote:

> I'm looking to start contributing to Gamja so I just want to clarify
> what things may or may not be in-scope given the bare-bones nature of
> the project (which I like). Would a vim-key emulation layer (take that
> how you will) be in scope either 'baked-in' or through a plugin system?

Hm, if this was just a new set of keybindings, that would be easy enough.
But I suppose you also want to implement multiple modes (normal/insert/etc),
which would be trickier to implement and require more changes. I'm not sure
this would be okay to have upstream...
Jordan Coppard
<9b55a607-e1b9-8800-f0b1-3af757c1abc2@wz.ht>
In-Reply-To
<mEco-7MDMeXtpsa6bKl7_YURcPSsAF24wA73E2z8W6NL4ZCgWzxD5bNr3cO88Z_ewDirYJ4A45g6BtMNKoAzNRA6Il4Dnfvzfp5j6kM-Nio=@emersion.fr> (view parent)
On 25/3/21 12:08 am, Simon Ser wrote:

> Hm, if this was just a new set of keybindings, that would be easy enough.
> But I suppose you also want to implement multiple modes (normal/insert/etc),

Now that I think about it something as full-fledged as that would likely
be too overkill, perhaps only new keybindings at least (I could whip
that up) and _maybe_ two modes as a modal-like instead. Command and
insert; could be done as a switch between to keybinding sets I imagine.

/Jordan
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)