~gpcf/advtrains-discuss

3 3

Interlocking Help Needed

<k2-bXsvGnsJtR5l4yz56quEAjfrFsZwNrukD542ggTfM5Zkr61_kVz2izNRYTVHzV65PS7JLl0GNAV8cjVc9J_GsAmlu7psYUDrXhqQLBAQ=@protonmail.com>
I have an interlocking setup as shown in the image below. I want you to focus on the first (left) two tracks. How do i assign a signal to the tracks individually? If i assign a signal to side b, a passing train may crash into a train which is just leaving the station.

Do i need a second TCB in this cramped environment?

https://i.imgur.com/Cg7278h.png
<871qzpusnu.fsf@forksworld.de>
In-Reply-To
<k2-bXsvGnsJtR5l4yz56quEAjfrFsZwNrukD542ggTfM5Zkr61_kVz2izNRYTVHzV65PS7JLl0GNAV8cjVc9J_GsAmlu7psYUDrXhqQLBAQ=@protonmail.com> (view parent)
> I have an interlocking setup as shown in the image below.
>
> https://i.imgur.com/Cg7278h.png

To mark this up for future reference:

^

+--- P

|\
| \
| |
| +- R
| |

+--- Q

Where side B corresponds to the upward direction in the above graph.

> I want you to focus on the first (left) two tracks. How do i assign a
> signal to the tracks individually?

You need two signals, one assigned to Q/B and the other to R/B.

> If i assign a signal to side b, a passing train may crash into a train
> which is just leaving the station.

That also depends on how you set up the _routes_. I am not sure how a
train crash can occur in this case with a proper setup where
- routes where trains approach from the A direction should extend to Q/A
and R/A, espectively.
- routes where trains approach from the B direction should extend beyond
Q and R in the A direction.
Jason Bigelow <jbis1337@hotmail.com>
<OS3P286MB185407F3C24061E0F8F264F5DB019@OS3P286MB1854.JPNP286.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
In-Reply-To
<k2-bXsvGnsJtR5l4yz56quEAjfrFsZwNrukD542ggTfM5Zkr61_kVz2izNRYTVHzV65PS7JLl0GNAV8cjVc9J_GsAmlu7psYUDrXhqQLBAQ=@protonmail.com> (view parent)

>I have an interlocking setup as shown in the image below. I want you to focus on the first (left) two tracks. How do i assign a signal to the tracks individually? If i assign a signal to side b, a passing train may crash into a train which is just leaving the station.
>Do i need a second TCB in this cramped environment?
>https://i.imgur.com/Cg7278h.png

Well as a principle, remember that if a train should never stop at a specific TCB, don't create any route that would end at that TCB. You didn't quite explain the whole situation here but I assume this is left-hand traffic, with a local up, express up, express down and local down tracks in that order from left to right. In that case: For the left two TCBs, you should have one signal per track, both assigned to side B of the TCB where the route starts. They should not share one signal, because as you have probably realised, that would cause problems. For the right two TCBs, they should wait at the top-right-most TCB visible in the image, and their routes should proceed through side A of the right two TCBs to TCBs at the end of the platform.

Then it ends up symmetrical: For the other ends of the tracks not pictured, we will have it a pair of signals just like the left two for the TCBs to the back-right, and a single incoming signal just like the signal on the right to our back-left.
<5Wyw10mCKtmqA1lFTxxTURouNIXyYtmBcgSSGgR63lVCYRSA3AloKTI0XVevqMUdXgTuu_sSw1pW3znR83Td2FuYMpfYZ2uZ5Sq9tYuEn5E=@protonmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<OS3P286MB185407F3C24061E0F8F264F5DB019@OS3P286MB1854.JPNP286.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> (view parent)
> Well as a principle, remember that if a train should never stop at a specific TCB, don't create any route that would end at that TCB. You didn't quite explain the whole situation here but I assume this is left-hand traffic, with a local up, express up, express down and local down tracks in that order from left to right. In that case: For the left two TCBs, you should have one signal per track, both assigned to side B of the TCB where the route starts. They should not share one signal, because as you have probably realised, that would cause problems. For the right two TCBs, they should wait at the top-right-most TCB visible in the image, and their routes should proceed through side A of the right two TCBs to TCBs at the end of the platform.

Thank you for your help. However, from Ywang, i realised that
Signals are not assigned to sections, they're assigned to TCB
sides, which actually makes a lot more sense.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)