~hyphaebeast/hyphaebeast.club

On Teaching: A Few Useful Analogies

Jonathan Dinu
<C55MSX877DC8.1X9V6M0XFTZ9E@Jonathans-MacBook-Pro.local>
If asked what the most important qualities great teachers share, I would not say mental acuity, mastery
of a subject, or experience… but rather empathy and patience. And while the best teachers often
do possess these first three, if they cannot communicate with their students the others are all for naught.

Over the years I have been teaching (and learning), I have often used a few analogies to help me organize
my thoughts when approaching a new subject or curriculum. I have been very fortunate while building
Zipfian Academy to work with great students and teachers alike from whom I have learned immensely,
and many of the formalisms contained here are borne out of that time.

https://hyphaebeast.club/writing/a-few-useful-analogies-for-teaching/
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)