~jordan31

North Carolina

http://blogtastic.blog

An amateur yet handsome fellow/student learning the computer sciences. Check out my blog or Mastodon if you want to know more.

Also hosts a Gemini server: gemini://gemini.crowesnest.io

Contact me @

Mastodon: https://fosstodon.org/@jordan31 Email: jordan@crowesnest.io

~jordan31/public-inbox

Last active 18 days ago
View more

Recent activity

Re: Bulk Mail (actions) 7 days ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

All appears to be good now with 0.4.0. Now I just got to learn how to use w3m to
view html messages and figure how to add contacts.

Re: Bulk Mail (actions) 7 days ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

Well, looks like I'll have to compile everything, honestly didn't think Debian's repo were
that far behind lol. Thanks for the help!

Jordan

Re: Bulk Mail (actions) 7 days ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

On Wed Oct 14, 2020 at 4:43 PM, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Press v to mark a single message, or press V to start marking several
> and V again to finish.

I must have some keyboard config all wonky, v and V does nothing for me in either aerc versions I have (deb repo & compiled).
The version seems to be 0.3.0.

Bulk Mail (actions) 7 days ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

Hello,

I searched the aerc man page but didn't see any detailed info about the archive, select, and delete functions,
but is there anyway to bulk move, archive, or delete messages via the client itself?

Thanks,
Jordan

Re: General-purpose OS, special-purpose OS, and now: vendor-purpose OS 3 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

On Sat Jun 27, 2020 at 1:52 AM EDT, Noam Preil wrote:
> There's other projects too, and there are *definitely* issues with
> Purism from what I've heard.

I'm not entirely sure what people are referring to when they mention issues with
Purism and the Librem5. Is it the fact they forked Tusky and a few other
projects to make it their own? Or the fact they never banned Gab from using
their version of Tusky or Mastodon instance?

> PinePhone is likely to be my next phone, when my current one breaks.
>
> - Noam Preil

I'll have to say it looks nice, compared to the Librem5 and the price point is

Re: Suggestion for useplaintext.email 4 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Hello,

Are you meaning a page dedicated to practice setting up your email client to use
plain/text? e.g. you send an email and it displays the sent email to you and
informs you what is correct or wrong?

Live streaming server & SwayWM 4 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Hello,

I was curious if you ever used OBS with your SwayWM setup to stream to your site?
If so, how do you manage to capture the entire screen? I had assumed using OBS +
xwayland would automagically work, but, yeah... Besides that hiccup I enjoyed your
article and it helped me to setup my own rtmp server!

Thanks,
Jordan

Re: Documentation/Contacts 4 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

On Fri Jun 12, 2020 at 2:01 AM EDT, Erik Winter wrote:
> Aerc does not have contacts, but it can integrate with an external
> program to have tab completion when entering an address. Look for the
> line with `address-book-cmd=` in aerc.conf and follow the directions in
> the comments above it.
>
> The setup I use is whith khard:
>
> address-book-cmd=khard email --parsable --search-in-source-files
> --remove-first-line %s
>
> Erik

Sweet! That actually makes me really happy. I'm going to give this a try now.

Re: Documentation/Contacts 4 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

On Fri Jun 12, 2020 at 1:34 AM EDT, Erazem Kokot wrote:
> This is because all the documentation is written in man pages (run `man
> aerc`) to see it. To see all the available manual pages you can read the
> SEE ALSO section at the bottom.

Oh, awesome and thank you very much for pointing that out!

Jordan

Documentation/Contacts 4 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

I recently noticed there seems to be no documentation linked to on the aerc
site. Am I just just overlooking it? Also, were there any plans on implementing
contacts for aerc? Lastly, I'm curious as to what aerc stands for?

Thanks,
Jordan