~jordan31

North Carolina

http://blogtastic.blog

An amateur yet handsome fellow/student learning the computer sciences. Check out my blog or Mastodon if you want to know more.

Also hosts a Gemini server: gemini://gemini.crowesnest.io

Contact me @

Mastodon: https://fosstodon.org/@jordan31 Email: jordan@crowesnest.io

~jordan31/public-inbox

Last active 3 months ago
View more

Recent activity

Sourcehut blog condeming Trump and supporters 14 days ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

https://sourcehut.org/blog/2021-01-13-regarding-ethics/

After reading the blogpost I have a couple and important questions.
Should one assume that if they are a Trump supporter or voted for him
either times that they will be kicked off the SourceHut platform and
lose access to repos and their payments to SourceHut would be suspended?

Thanks,
Jordan

Discussions allowed for Gemini content 2 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Good morning,

I hope the weather is nicer in your part of the world. It's all rainy
and gloomy here for the past three days. I'm curious if you allow
discussions on your Gemini content via this mailing list?

Thanks,

Jordan

Re: Feature request: Count files containing "LICENSE" in the name as a valid license 2 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Sun Nov 8, 2020 at 4:19 PM EST, ValleyKnight wrote:
> I can clearly see now how incompatible I am with other programmers and
> the software development ecosystem.
>
> Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Some may not like it, but they accept and work within the legal
guidlines so that others may benifit from their software. That is the
main goal, people using your stuff that they find helpful. The license
is just a means of security for "user rights".

Sorry to hear it stresses you so much, hopefully one day your
perspective on licenses will allow for less stress. I'm not sure who it
was but someone listed a couple of good license that pretty much allows

Re: [COMMENT] What is this Gemini thing anyway, and why am I excited about it? 2 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

On Sun Nov 1, 2020 at 6:50 PM EST, Drew DeVault wrote:
> You can just link to them. Gemini can serve content of any mimetype.
>
> Some clients will turn links into inline images if they end in .png or
> what have you, so if you want that, it is possible without extending the
> protocol or document format.

I was not aware of clients being able to do this, that is kind of neat.
Also, I was unaware that Gemini could serve images and this makes me
curious how different clients handle downloading and displaying the
image, excluding the example you mentioned. Sorry to butt-in but the
convo taught me something new. Thanks.

Re: Bulk Mail (actions) 3 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

All appears to be good now with 0.4.0. Now I just got to learn how to use w3m to
view html messages and figure how to add contacts.

Re: Bulk Mail (actions) 3 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

Well, looks like I'll have to compile everything, honestly didn't think Debian's repo were
that far behind lol. Thanks for the help!

Jordan

Re: Bulk Mail (actions) 3 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

On Wed Oct 14, 2020 at 4:43 PM, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Press v to mark a single message, or press V to start marking several
> and V again to finish.

I must have some keyboard config all wonky, v and V does nothing for me in either aerc versions I have (deb repo & compiled).
The version seems to be 0.3.0.

Bulk Mail (actions) 3 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

Hello,

I searched the aerc man page but didn't see any detailed info about the archive, select, and delete functions,
but is there anyway to bulk move, archive, or delete messages via the client itself?

Thanks,
Jordan

Re: General-purpose OS, special-purpose OS, and now: vendor-purpose OS 6 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

On Sat Jun 27, 2020 at 1:52 AM EDT, Noam Preil wrote:
> There's other projects too, and there are *definitely* issues with
> Purism from what I've heard.

I'm not entirely sure what people are referring to when they mention issues with
Purism and the Librem5. Is it the fact they forked Tusky and a few other
projects to make it their own? Or the fact they never banned Gab from using
their version of Tusky or Mastodon instance?

> PinePhone is likely to be my next phone, when my current one breaks.
>
> - Noam Preil

I'll have to say it looks nice, compared to the Librem5 and the price point is

Re: Suggestion for useplaintext.email 7 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Hello,

Are you meaning a page dedicated to practice setting up your email client to use
plain/text? e.g. you send an email and it displays the sent email to you and
informs you what is correct or wrong?