~jordan31

North Carolina

https://crowesnest.io

An amateur yet handsome fellow/student learning the computer sciences. Check out my blog or Mastodon if you want to know more. Crowesnest.io is my landing page consisting of all my services I host or use, like my Peertube instance.

Also hosts a Gemini server: gemini://gemini.crowesnest.io

Contact me @

Mastodon: https://theres.life/@jordan31 Email: jordan@crowesnest.io

~jordan31/public-inbox

Last active 9 months ago
View more

Recent activity

Re: Plan 9 a month ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Thanks!

Plan 9 a month ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Evening,

I was wondering which fork of Plan 9 were you using or showcasing on
your peertube channel a while back?

Thanks,

Jordan

Re: paste.sr.ht 5 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

Ah, makes sense. Still a shame it gets overlooked but I guess that can
change overtime by more people using it, drawing attention to it's
mention in the front page of sr.ht

Thanks,

Jordan

paste.sr.ht 5 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

Good evening,

I'm curious to why paste.sr.ht and other secondary services are not
displayed in the top navbar of sr.ht for people to see and use?

Thanks,

Jordan

Sourcehut blog condeming Trump and supporters 6 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

https://sourcehut.org/blog/2021-01-13-regarding-ethics/

After reading the blogpost I have a couple and important questions.
Should one assume that if they are a Trump supporter or voted for him
either times that they will be kicked off the SourceHut platform and
lose access to repos and their payments to SourceHut would be suspended?

Thanks,
Jordan

Discussions allowed for Gemini content 8 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

Good morning,

I hope the weather is nicer in your part of the world. It's all rainy
and gloomy here for the past three days. I'm curious if you allow
discussions on your Gemini content via this mailing list?

Thanks,

Jordan

Re: Feature request: Count files containing "LICENSE" in the name as a valid license 8 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss

On Sun Nov 8, 2020 at 4:19 PM EST, ValleyKnight wrote:
> I can clearly see now how incompatible I am with other programmers and
> the software development ecosystem.
>
> Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Some may not like it, but they accept and work within the legal
guidlines so that others may benifit from their software. That is the
main goal, people using your stuff that they find helpful. The license
is just a means of security for "user rights".

Sorry to hear it stresses you so much, hopefully one day your
perspective on licenses will allow for less stress. I'm not sure who it
was but someone listed a couple of good license that pretty much allows

Re: [COMMENT] What is this Gemini thing anyway, and why am I excited about it? 8 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/public-inbox

On Sun Nov 1, 2020 at 6:50 PM EST, Drew DeVault wrote:
> You can just link to them. Gemini can serve content of any mimetype.
>
> Some clients will turn links into inline images if they end in .png or
> what have you, so if you want that, it is possible without extending the
> protocol or document format.

I was not aware of clients being able to do this, that is kind of neat.
Also, I was unaware that Gemini could serve images and this makes me
curious how different clients handle downloading and displaying the
image, excluding the example you mentioned. Sorry to butt-in but the
convo taught me something new. Thanks.

Re: Bulk Mail (actions) 9 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

All appears to be good now with 0.4.0. Now I just got to learn how to use w3m to
view html messages and figure how to add contacts.

Re: Bulk Mail (actions) 9 months ago

From Jordan to ~sircmpwn/aerc

Well, looks like I'll have to compile everything, honestly didn't think Debian's repo were
that far behind lol. Thanks for the help!

Jordan