~kennylevinsen/greetd-devel

1

Slow start with recent Sway 1.6, Wlroots 0.13

<4e26beca-1126-6c68-2d46-f89a4e07e3a3@appelgriebsch.org>
Hey,

after the upgrade to recent releases of Sway and wlroots on my Manjaro
system the launch of the gtkgreeter takes way more time than before.
This is noticeable after reboot and logout.

Expected: gtk-greeter will show up after ca. 1 sec

Current: gtk-greeter shows up after ca. 7 sec

I've also build from source again to verify that it isn't related to an
outdated version of gtk-greeter, but the issue still persists.

Any idea if that's a regression in Sway / wlroots, or if there is some
update needed for gtk-greeter?

Thanks a lot,

Andreas
<IPKQUQ.ATV7WP7S4ENE3@kl.wtf>
In-Reply-To
<4e26beca-1126-6c68-2d46-f89a4e07e3a3@appelgriebsch.org> (view parent)
The only thing I immediately associate with slow Gtk start is the usual
xdg-desktop-portal problems.

1. Make sure you have xdg-desktop-portal-wlr installed

2. Make sure XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=sway, e.g. from a sway-run wrapper.

3. Make sure systemctl --user import-environment is run from your sway
config.

You may already have a `/etc/sway/config.d/50-systemd-env` file, in
which case `include /etc/sway/config.d/*` should do the trick in your
greeter config. Just make sure it's done first thing in your config.

Give it a try and see if it helps.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)