~kennylevinsen/greetd-devel

1

Configuring a screen locker

Vikash Balasubramanian <master.bvik@gmail.com>
<CALQ2rncYnEPBod0+ACnO+8piFE=Vk+S+s8LhEC5Rkr5+Fc25Jw@mail.gmail.com>
Is there a way to set up a screen locker, so that it takes me back to
whatever greeter I use when I need to login again? I am using Xorg and
typical options like xscreensaver etc. use a separate login mechanism
<377f5e7c-dad2-80d5-4298-e664b5b5d542@kl.wtf>
In-Reply-To
<CALQ2rncYnEPBod0+ACnO+8piFE=Vk+S+s8LhEC5Rkr5+Fc25Jw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
You might be able to make something using a separate greetd instance,
where the final login command is basically just a chvt back to the
running session. I have not tried doing this myself.

Otherwise, for Wayland the ext-session-lock-v1 protocol provides for
fail-locked screen locking, ruling out crash-to-unlock bugs. That is the
class of bugs that make all X-based lockscreens quite unsafe by design.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)