5 3

wlgreet panicked on sway 1.9

<CZEH2PTZ98MU.3UTOFBLK0R755@pwned.life>
Hey,

yesterday sway 1.9 got released.

wlgreet panicked on the new version:

```
$ wlgreet
thread 'main' panicked at src/app.rs:473:48:
internal error: entered unreachable code
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace
[wayland-client error] A handler for wl_surface panicked.
Aborted (core dumped)
```

Would be nice if the error can be fixed, as sway is also the default for
wlgreet.

Thanks!
<d7534b63-98bc-b72a-ff46-f066c76fba49@f-a.nz>
In-Reply-To
<CZEH2PTZ98MU.3UTOFBLK0R755@pwned.life> (view parent)
I'm seeing the same issue; It breaks the convenient
`greetd-wlgreet-sway-session` on guix. I doubt I can contribute much at this point.

```
00:02:17.393 [DEBUG] [sway/desktop/layer_shell.c:646] new layer surface:
namespace  layer 3 anchor 0 size 1x1 margin 0,0,0,0,
thread 'main' panicked at src/app.rs:473:48:
internal error: entered unreachable code
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace
[wayland-client error] A handler for wl_surface panicked.
```

Posted the full log here: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=69828#8

Downgrade to Sway 1.8.1 for the moment.
<D0AK96J674Q0.35LPO2FSP23PC@pwned.life>
In-Reply-To
<d7534b63-98bc-b72a-ff46-f066c76fba49@f-a.nz> (view parent)
The issues has been fixed in: https://git.sr.ht/~kennylevinsen/wlgreet/commit/7e79d6004fc5e765a5c3ece6d377f8c5999d9dfa

However no release has been tagged, I suggest to install the git tree.

On Arch Linux, I used the `greetd-wlgreet-git` package. But a tag would
be even nicer. :)
<ee179c60-24de-43c2-8170-4320e63e4a25@kl.wtf>
In-Reply-To
<D0AK96J674Q0.35LPO2FSP23PC@pwned.life> (view parent)
On 4/3/24 4:34 PM, fossdd wrote:
> On Arch Linux, I used the `greetd-wlgreet-git` package. But a tag would
> be even nicer. :)

Yeah, I'm way behind on greetd releases...
<b561b66b-f518-e760-15b6-c7d31e61c91d@f-a.nz>
In-Reply-To
<d7534b63-98bc-b72a-ff46-f066c76fba49@f-a.nz> (view parent)
You're right fossdd, thank you! Looks like someone upstream already packaged and
included the latest wlgreet from master:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=edfb05e16d409ab71f5cc5c91747b693f0054d59

Cheers!
<8c4413aa-13f4-4e0d-92b7-600e182b4cad@kl.wtf>
On 4/3/24 4:34 PM, fossdd wrote:
> However no release has been tagged, I suggest to install the git tree.
>
> On Arch Linux, I used the `greetd-wlgreet-git` package. But a tag would
> be even nicer. :)
wlgreet 0.5.0 released.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)