~kennylevinsen/public-inbox

1

[wlhax] Allowing null buffer attaches

Max Ihlenfeldt <mihlenfeldt@igalia.com>
<a430b04d-5cd3-e381-d955-5a94615c4f59@igalia.com>

Today I discovered wlhax and it seems like a really useful tool!

However, I noticed that it doesn't like when you try to attach a null
buffer to a wl_surface. According to the Wayland specification, this is
allowed ("If wl_surface.attach is sent with a NULL wl_buffer, the
following wl_surface.commit will remove the surface content."). I think
it should be not much work to fix this in wl_surface.go, but I'm not
familiar with Go and I couldn't really understand the code.

Best regards
Max
<E0ALJR.Y3HOJER47I2I1@kl.wtf>
In-Reply-To
<a430b04d-5cd3-e381-d955-5a94615c4f59@igalia.com> (view parent)
Hi Max,

I just added initial handling of empty buffer attach. It clears the
role of the object, but does not otherwise try to handle unmap
correctly yet (e.g. unmap of subsurfaces).

wlhax sorely needs a refactor, especially in the xdg-shell handling
which developed into a severe case of spaghetti...

Best regards,
Kenny Levinsen
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)