Hack Night #11 Follow-up

Thomas Jespersen
<1543577499.1438586.1594223440.46E2692D@webmail.messagingengine.com>
Hi all!

Thanks to everybody that showed up!

There wasn't a lot of use, but Christian Bourjau did his presentation as promised on converting large code projects (in particular C++) to Rust. RIIR all the things! We learned some neat things about the Rust build system and in particular why you always want to use bindgen. Christian's experience in this area comes from implementing a Rust framework ALICE's Open Data [1].

This was also the last Rust hack night this year, we'll return on January 31, again at Omnio in Nordhavn. I'll try to send out reminders on the mailing list and IRC.

All the best!
-- Thomas

[1]: https://github.com/cbourjau/alice-rs