~laumann/cph-rs

2 2

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Hack Night #21

<20200114110759.yrephrdqctocpcks@sofaking>
Hej Peter!

Og godt nytår!

> Er der et abstrakt til talken?

Nej, men jeg kan spørge Alice om hun har et :-)

> Titlen er jo ret badass så det kunne være jeg skulle have min debut til
> rust aften.

Du skal da være velkommen - tror talken bliver lidt dybdegående, så det er
muligvis en hård into til Rust. Hvor meget kender du til async programming? Har
du arbejdet med Python aio?

-- Thomas

Abstract for "The Future is here!"

Alice Ryhl
<4aa16f0b-28ed-235d-c0b8-0afcd4a22967@ryhl.io>
In-Reply-To
<20200114110759.yrephrdqctocpcks@sofaking> (view parent)
Hey everyone

Since an abstract for my talk was requested, I have written one:

Writing networking code that scales is a very difficult problem,
traditionally known as the C10k problem. If your web server has to serve
ten thousand connections at the same time, starting that many threads
will not work.

The Rust ecosystem has been working on a solution to this problem for a
long time, and with the new async await language feature released in
Rust 1.39 last November, we have taken a giant leap towards the solution.

You will learn:

1. What Futures are,
2. why async await is cool,
3. how Rust does it differently from other languages,
4. what the larger crates in the async ecosystem are,
5. how it works inside, including why Pin is important
6. and what is next on the road to solving C10k.

There should be something for all skill levels!

I hope to see you there,
   Alice Ryhl

Re: Abstract for "The Future is here!"

Blas Rodríguez Irizar
<CAHscyvusid9iQddK5wMbD+ZTMOiBrypi5ayNxLRPYg9qnGAWmQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<4aa16f0b-28ed-235d-c0b8-0afcd4a22967@ryhl.io> (view parent)
Thanks Alice for the preview!
I'm coming :)

Blas

El mar., 14 ene. 2020 a las 14:29, Alice Ryhl (<alice@ryhl.io>) escribió:

> Hey everyone
>
> Since an abstract for my talk was requested, I have written one:
>
> Writing networking code that scales is a very difficult problem,
> traditionally known as the C10k problem. If your web server has to serve
> ten thousand connections at the same time, starting that many threads
> will not work.
>
> The Rust ecosystem has been working on a solution to this problem for a
> long time, and with the new async await language feature released in
> Rust 1.39 last November, we have taken a giant leap towards the solution.
>
> You will learn:
>
> 1. What Futures are,
> 2. why async await is cool,
> 3. how Rust does it differently from other languages,
> 4. what the larger crates in the async ecosystem are,
> 5. how it works inside, including why Pin is important
> 6. and what is next on the road to solving C10k.
>
> There should be something for all skill levels!
>
> I hope to see you there,
>    Alice Ryhl
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)