~leon_plickat/lavalauncher

8 2

Re: Compile error on fedora-31

<20200216132230.vnmw25mzt4hkzv7c@tarazed>
On So 16.02.2020, 15:08, Bob Hepple wrote:
> Yeah - I doubt the fedora guys would accept that (modifying the
> compiler options, that is), they're pretty starchy when it comes to
> that sort of thing.
>
> I could compile it into my own very obscure COPR repo without using
> the fedora macros. I think that you'd be better served by fixing the
> compiler error and having it in fedora proper. Your choice, of course.

It is not an error per se, just that the Fedora guys (or the people upstream
at RedHat) use slightly more paranoid compiler flags for builds than I use on
my machine.

The increased rigidity is not a bad idea, so I made some changes to LavaLauncher
to meet the requirements. I also removed some of the compiler flags I used to
ignore certain warnings.

I believe packaging on Fedora should work now, if you use the new version 1.6 of
LavaLauncher.

Friendly greetings,
Leon Plickat

--
Leon Plickat
leonhenrik.plickat@stud.uni-goettingen.de

Re: Compile error on fedora-31

<CAHzpm2jWDGuAMLLWuJc3mvHbTUNp2-jtt1N1OWDOi_zXua_rXg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20200216132230.vnmw25mzt4hkzv7c@tarazed> (view parent)
Thanks for that - I'll take a look later today.

<CAHzpm2iQ3hQ8dWj-FuDv0p2aFK-+8PTMUK2LyAK7OiQ4oF49qg@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20200216132230.vnmw25mzt4hkzv7c@tarazed> (view parent)
Hi Leon,

Your code change worked very well - we now have some builds available
for lavalaunch-1.6 for fedora-30 and 31 at
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/wef/lavalauncher/builds/

To install lavalauncher on f-30/31 a user need simply do this:

sudo dnf copr enable wef/lavalauncher
sudo dnf install lavalauncher

If any other RPM builds are wanted, let me know - it should just be a
case of ticking some boxes and rebuilding.

Next step - I'll propose to the fedora gods that they add lavalauncher
to their official repos. It might take some time ...

If you want to add the file lavalauncher.spec to your hg repo, feel
free to do so - I am adding it to the end of this email. I hereby
release it to the MIT license same as lavalauncher.

Cheers

Bob

lavalauncher.spec:

Name:     lavalauncher
Version:  1.6
Release:  1%{?dist}.wef

# use this to fetch the source: spectool -g lavalauncher.spec
Source0:  %{url}/archive/v%{version}/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz

BuildRequires: gcc
BuildRequires: cairo-devel
BuildRequires: meson
BuildRequires: scdoc
BuildRequires: wayland-devel
BuildRequires: wayland-protocols-devel

%description
LavaLauncher is a simple launcher for Wayland.

It serves a single purpose: Letting the user execute shell commands by
clicking on icons on a dynamically sized bar, placed at one of the
screen edges or in the center.

Unlike most popular launchers, LavaLauncher does not care about
.desktop files or icon themes. To create a button, you simply provide
the path to an image and a shell command. This makes LavaLauncher
considerably more flexible: You could have buttons not just for
launching applications, but also for ejecting your optical drive,
rotating your screen, sending your cat an email, playing a funny
sound, muting all audio, toggling your lamps, etc. You can turn
practically anything you could do in your shell into a button.

The configuration is done entirely via command flags. See the manpage
for details and an example.

LavaLauncher has been successfully tested with sway and wayfire.
%prep
%autosetup

%build
%meson
%meson_build

%install
%meson_install

%files
%{_bindir}/%{name}

%doc README.md
%{_mandir}/man1/%{name}.1.*

%license LICENSE

%changelog
* Mon Feb 17 2020 Bob Hepple <bob.hepple@gmail.com> - 1.6-1.fc31.wef
- Initial version of the package

On Sun, 16 Feb 2020 at 23:22, Leon Plickat
<leonhenrik.plickat@stud.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> On So 16.02.2020, 15:08, Bob Hepple wrote:
> > Yeah - I doubt the fedora guys would accept that (modifying the
> > compiler options, that is), they're pretty starchy when it comes to
> > that sort of thing.
> >
> > I could compile it into my own very obscure COPR repo without using
> > the fedora macros. I think that you'd be better served by fixing the
> > compiler error and having it in fedora proper. Your choice, of course.
>
> It is not an error per se, just that the Fedora guys (or the people upstream
> at RedHat) use slightly more paranoid compiler flags for builds than I use on
> my machine.
>
> The increased rigidity is not a bad idea, so I made some changes to LavaLauncher
> to meet the requirements. I also removed some of the compiler flags I used to
> ignore certain warnings.
>
> I believe packaging on Fedora should work now, if you use the new version 1.6 of
> LavaLauncher.
>

> Friendly greetings,
> Leon Plickat
>
> --
> Leon Plickat
> leonhenrik.plickat@stud.uni-goettingen.de
> PGP: 1A011200

Re: Compile error on fedora-31

<20200217140059.y3owolqahwmp4cdf@tarazed>
In-Reply-To
<CAHzpm2iQ3hQ8dWj-FuDv0p2aFK-+8PTMUK2LyAK7OiQ4oF49qg@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mo 17.02.2020, 14:06, Bob Hepple wrote:
> Your code change worked very well - we now have some builds available
> for lavalaunch-1.6 for fedora-30 and 31 at
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/wef/lavalauncher/builds/

Nice, I'll add that to the README.

> If you want to add the file lavalauncher.spec to your hg repo, feel
> free to do so - I am adding it to the end of this email. I hereby
> release it to the MIT license same as lavalauncher.

I will include the .spec file, however LavaLauncher is licensed under the GPLv3,
so you should probably change that for the COPR builds.

Friendly greetings,
Leon Plickat

Re: Compile error on fedora-31

<CAHzpm2juupiMWZMyvSoQgFwj+-_r3JDNvvJ8Q6KUcAHxOwLgwQ@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20200217140059.y3owolqahwmp4cdf@tarazed> (view parent)
whoops!

COPR is fixed up, here is the new spec file:

Name:     lavalauncher
Version:  1.6
Release:  2%{?dist}.wef

[...]

* Tue Feb 18 2020 Bob Hepple <bob.hepple@gmail.com> - 1.6-2.fc31.wef
- correct license to GPL2
* Mon Feb 17 2020 Bob Hepple <bob.hepple@gmail.com> - 1.6-1.fc31.wef
- Initial version of the package
On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 00:06, Leon Plickat
<leonhenrik.plickat@stud.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> On Mo 17.02.2020, 14:06, Bob Hepple wrote:
> > Your code change worked very well - we now have some builds available
> > for lavalaunch-1.6 for fedora-30 and 31 at
> > https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/wef/lavalauncher/builds/
>
> Nice, I'll add that to the README.
>
> > If you want to add the file lavalauncher.spec to your hg repo, feel
> > free to do so - I am adding it to the end of this email. I hereby
> > release it to the MIT license same as lavalauncher.
>
> I will include the .spec file, however LavaLauncher is licensed under the GPLv3,
> so you should probably change that for the COPR builds.
>

> Friendly greetings,
> Leon Plickat

Re: Compile error on fedora-31

<20200217215743.hv2jfprk6zes3v3y@tarazed>
In-Reply-To
<CAHzpm2juupiMWZMyvSoQgFwj+-_r3JDNvvJ8Q6KUcAHxOwLgwQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Di 18.02.2020, 07:49, Bob Hepple wrote:
> whoops!
>
> COPR is fixed up, here is the new spec file:
> [...]
> License:  GPL2

Thanks! (Although it is GPL version 3, not 2 :) I hate to be pedantic, but with
licensing stuff it is important.)

Friendly greetings,
Leon Plickat

Re: Compile error on fedora-31

<CAHzpm2gj-nYSy3zVVU3nvJpKcvCE3H2ZDojhf66wEVrs6a0QBw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20200217215743.hv2jfprk6zes3v3y@tarazed> (view parent)
double whoops! Sorry about that; doing too many things at once!!!

Here you go, hopefully final until the next release (if you could let
me know when you release I can trigger the packaging).

Cheers

Bob

Name:     lavalauncher
Version:  1.6
Release:  3%{?dist}.wef

[...]

* Wed Feb 19 2020 Bob Hepple <bob.hepple@gmail.com> - 1.6-3.fc31.wef
- correct license to GPL3
* Tue Feb 18 2020 Bob Hepple <bob.hepple@gmail.com> - 1.6-2.fc31.wef
- correct license to GPL2
* Mon Feb 17 2020 Bob Hepple <bob.hepple@gmail.com> - 1.6-1.fc31.wef
- Initial version of the package

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 07:58, Leon Plickat
<leonhenrik.plickat@stud.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> On Di 18.02.2020, 07:49, Bob Hepple wrote:
> > whoops!
> >
> > COPR is fixed up, here is the new spec file:
> > [...]
> > License:  GPL2
>
> Thanks! (Although it is GPL version 3, not 2 :) I hate to be pedantic, but with
> licensing stuff it is important.)
>

> Friendly greetings,
> Leon Plickat

Re: Compile error on fedora-31

<20200218004704.y6ybbm5ltrdcbnic@tarazed>
In-Reply-To
<CAHzpm2gj-nYSy3zVVU3nvJpKcvCE3H2ZDojhf66wEVrs6a0QBw@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Di 18.02.2020, 08:13, Bob Hepple wrote:
> Here you go, hopefully final until the next release (if you could let
> me know when you release I can trigger the packaging).

LavaLauncher is essentially feature complete. There are a few things I'd like to
change in the future, but most of them are internal (one of which likely
requires a few changes to sway). My plan is to combine all these into a single
release, meaning 1.6 will be the latest stable version for the time being.
1.6 is also likely the last breaking change (with the exception of the '-m' flag
which I might remove).

Friendly greetings,
Leon Plickat

Re: Compile error on fedora-31

<CAHzpm2hqxwoNrHUHK_OhkCX-bpNMSGw0BBhLhtcinwa4QrSGaw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<20200218004704.y6ybbm5ltrdcbnic@tarazed> (view parent)
Thanks and no worries.

Also friendly greetings - this from a hot Brisbane, Australia!

Bob

On Tue, 18 Feb 2020 at 10:47, Leon Plickat
<leonhenrik.plickat@stud.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

> On Di 18.02.2020, 08:13, Bob Hepple wrote:
> > Here you go, hopefully final until the next release (if you could let
> > me know when you release I can trigger the packaging).
>
> LavaLauncher is essentially feature complete. There are a few things I'd like to
> change in the future, but most of them are internal (one of which likely
> requires a few changes to sway). My plan is to combine all these into a single
> release, meaning 1.6 will be the latest stable version for the time being.
> 1.6 is also likely the last breaking change (with the exception of the '-m' flag
> which I might remove).
>

> Friendly greetings,
> Leon Plickat
Export thread (mbox)