~leon_plickat/public-inbox

3 2

[wayprompt] Add support for libsecret

<EsuYTmn67BOLyEySqyYO4eytHKqFOWPtQn67w6EkGwxNz0SsqZHexaFabzRcp3X-4gVW_8LthWIvKpc2gDamM1VcxNBcX6GIHzMD6NLL888=@proton.me>

The GnuPG pinentry programs support reading the passwords from `libsecret`/`org.freedesktop.secrets`, is it possible to add this feature to wayprompt?

Thanks
<CZ5HTOT1OYLU.28D8CWCK5GDZ0@stud.uni-goettingen.de>
In-Reply-To
<EsuYTmn67BOLyEySqyYO4eytHKqFOWPtQn67w6EkGwxNz0SsqZHexaFabzRcp3X-4gVW_8LthWIvKpc2gDamM1VcxNBcX6GIHzMD6NLL888=@proton.me> (view parent)
Hi!

You mean from the secret-service daemon or from gnome-keyring?
Either way, it's just a few DBus calls, so yes it would be possible
to add that. I am not sure I have the time right now to do so myself,
but would accept patches.

Friendly greetings,
lhp
<AHz-C3QxNyN3NTZ1HG_Oc4YgxVCO2UHTh5BU3wfvfvm775ngRSD_4ap4jhaSWIsEO5MyHdQQ2b2IobFM318Kv2PPs-OIKBqho1T6TkQfNx8=@proton.me>
In-Reply-To
<CZ5HTOT1OYLU.28D8CWCK5GDZ0@stud.uni-goettingen.de> (view parent)
Sorry, I forgot to reply to the list and didn't use "reply all".
Just replying so others can see the replies in the public list.

On Thursday, February 15th, 2024 at 11:31 AM, Leon Henrik Plickat <leonhenrik.plickat@stud.uni-goettingen.de> wrote:

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> You mean from the secret-service daemon or from gnome-keyring?
>>> Either way, it's just a few DBus calls, so yes it would be possible
>>> to add that. I am not sure I have the time right now to do so myself,
>>> but would accept patches.
>>>

>>> Friendly greetings,
>>> lhp
<CZ5N8GIO8EM7.3MU0CC1OMD6Y@stud.uni-goettingen.de>
In-Reply-To
<AHz-C3QxNyN3NTZ1HG_Oc4YgxVCO2UHTh5BU3wfvfvm775ngRSD_4ap4jhaSWIsEO5MyHdQQ2b2IobFM318Kv2PPs-OIKBqho1T6TkQfNx8=@proton.me> (view parent)
On Thu Feb 15, 2024 at 12:51 PM CET, Siavash wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to reply to the list and didn't use "reply all".
> Just replying so others can see the replies in the public list.

Don't worry, I forget that myself all the time as well :)

--
Friendly greetings,
Leon Henrik Plickat