~mariusor/activitypub-go

New release (December 2021)

<20211230210748.ep6pxiqsfhxg7mai@slate>
# Meagre improvements

## Moderation

Like I mentioned it last update I am working on moderation. I have made a
little bit of progress, currently on brutalinks.tech it's enabled and as luck
has it, we've been hit with some spam accounts that we had to silence.

We now have also a wiki page[1] that details some of the technical
decisions surrounding this feature. It has received some attention in
the fediverse, but no concreete feedback from anyone.

## Gob encoding

We made a little progress also with the long time in waiting feature of binary
encoding items (to be used in the future for the storage layer). This was due
to a bug uncovered in using the moderation process where session storage
(which is based on the encoding/gob package) decoding would fail for certain
values. This forced me to do the work for some of the data types in the
activitypub package, but not for all yet.

/Marius
Berlin, 30th December 2021

[1] https://man.sr.ht/~mariusor/go-activitypub/brutalinks/releases/release-notes-2021-12.md
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)