~martanne/devel

5 2

vis-cscope

<C668INEOC41G.3K58721AXHW45@emg-xps>
Announcing vis-cscope, a plugin to provide a cscope interface for
the editor vis.  It works similarly (but not identically) to vim's
cscope support.  It's new, there will be bugs, please report them
and/or send patches to ~emg/dev@lists.sr.ht

https://git.sr.ht/~emg/vis-cscope

LSP [Was: Re: vis-cscope]

<815d9e9d6de142411e1dc6a5a3ef641e78162ad6.camel@cepl.eu>
In-Reply-To
<C668INEOC41G.3K58721AXHW45@emg-xps> (view parent)
Evan Gates píše v Út 06. 10. 2020 v 17:33 -0700:
> https://git.sr.ht/~emg/vis-cscope

I don't want to piss on your parade, cscope is certainly useful
(not for me, I don't write in C/C++), but it reminds me: any
ideas about implementing
https://github.com/martanne/vis/issues/853 (
https://github.com/kak-lsp/kak-lsp and
https://github.com/fhs/acme-lsp seem like a lovely idea)?

Marc, any ideas or plans how to struggle towards LSP support in
vis?

Best,

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

In political activity men sail a boundless and bottomless sea;
there is neither harbor for shelter nor floor for anchorage,
neither starting point nor appointed destination.
   -- Michael Oakeshott: Rationalism in Politics

Re: LSP [Was: Re: vis-cscope]

<C66PPE8I6B59.2RWDAET7BUELP@emg-xps>
In-Reply-To
<815d9e9d6de142411e1dc6a5a3ef641e78162ad6.camel@cepl.eu> (view parent)
On Wed Oct 7, 2020 at 4:39 AM PDT, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> any ideas about implementing
> https://github.com/martanne/vis/issues/853 (
> https://github.com/kak-lsp/kak-lsp and
> https://github.com/fhs/acme-lsp seem like a lovely idea)?

That's cool.  I hadn't heard of that before.  I did enjoy learning
to use lua and vis' plugin capabilities so I'll look into it, but
definitely no promises.

I do think that it doesn't belong inside vis as that feels like it
works against vis' goal of a simple core.

Re: LSP [Was: Re: vis-cscope]

<da7d89cab4b6ed6dc9d97a8588e0204c6a7d05a6.camel@cepl.eu>
In-Reply-To
<C66PPE8I6B59.2RWDAET7BUELP@emg-xps> (view parent)
Evan Gates píše v St 07. 10. 2020 v 07:01 -0700:
> On Wed Oct 7, 2020 at 4:39 AM PDT, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> > any ideas about implementing
> > https://github.com/martanne/vis/issues/853 (
> > https://github.com/kak-lsp/kak-lsp and
> > https://github.com/fhs/acme-lsp seem like a lovely idea)?
>
> That's cool.  I hadn't heard of that before.  I did enjoy learning
> to use lua and vis' plugin capabilities so I'll look into it, but
> definitely no promises.
>
> I do think that it doesn't belong inside vis as that feels like it
> works against vis' goal of a simple core.

I agree, but it is a bit complicated. The purpose of LSP client
is to translate events in the editor into LSP events and make the
language server do the right thing. Here we would have to devise
some mechanism how to collect those events from vis.

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

For those of you who think we are descendents from those cavemen
who stood and fought with dinosaurs, you must be nuts, we are
descendents from the ones who ran like hell to live.

Re: LSP [Was: Re: vis-cscope]

<C66TYE9D5C0I.7T6RX1XYSN2O@emg-xps>
In-Reply-To
<da7d89cab4b6ed6dc9d97a8588e0204c6a7d05a6.camel@cepl.eu> (view parent)
On Wed Oct 7, 2020 at 9:01 AM PDT, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> I agree, but it is a bit complicated. The purpose of LSP client
> is to translate events in the editor into LSP events and make the
> language server do the right thing. Here we would have to devise
> some mechanism how to collect those events from vis.

Looks like a proof of concept with only explicit requests could work.
I'm also intrigued by the idea of making a more general purpose
interface for it akin to cscope -L.

Re: LSP [Was: Re: vis-cscope]

<c8a14825479eaecce5417d44d45b3847b23966c3.camel@cepl.eu>
In-Reply-To
<C66TYE9D5C0I.7T6RX1XYSN2O@emg-xps> (view parent)
Evan Gates píše v St 07. 10. 2020 v 10:21 -0700:
> Looks like a proof of concept with only explicit requests could work.
> I'm also intrigued by the idea of making a more general purpose
> interface for it akin to cscope -L.

And of course, there is complete Lua LSP client in neovim (still
unreleased 0.5 only, I use master builds).

Matěj

--
https://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl@ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5  BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

To bear a grudge and pray, means to sow seed on the sea and expect
a harvest.
  -- Saint Isaac of Nineveh
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)