~martijnbraam/public-inbox

2 2

[BUG] megapixels image corruption and crash

raingloom
<20201220101802.3c692a19@riseup.net>
I'm running it on latest pmOS edge (updated and rebooted a few minutes
ago) and getting the following errors:

Only blue channel in preview on first startup (after wakeup, or after
boot, not sure).
Sometimes only red channel saved. Sometimes the image is an unreadable
mess.
Taking a photo with the front camera results in an instant crash.

It used to work fine...ish a few months ago. The random image
corruptions were still there as far as I remember. But now it's just
completely unusable.

Phone is an UBPorts model, the old version with the USB-C hardware
issue.

Preview and autofocus are fine on subsequent startups.
arno
<0d54598c-d0e2-4990-e7fc-805083580845@riseup.net>
In-Reply-To
<20201220101802.3c692a19@riseup.net> (view parent)
pinephone/mobian user here with similar issue:

error log:
"/tmp/megapixels.OtEPEq/1.dng: Failed to allocate memory for custom tag
binary object (-1999065952 elements of 1 bytes each).
megapixels: tif_dirwrite.c:3071: TIFFWriteDirectoryTagData: Assertion
`datalength<0x80000000UL' failed.
Aborted"

and it started with the latest libtiff update a few days ago.

cheers
<CA+XnvuNo3LDOrB9Hm6Vx+sxDds+GekfZA4YYUF6GS0b0CeQuxw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<0d54598c-d0e2-4990-e7fc-805083580845@riseup.net> (view parent)
Thanks, it looks like libtiff changed TIFFTAG_CFAPATTERN from fixed
length to variable length in libtiff 4.2.

The current git master should work with the latest libtiff version.

Op ma 21 dec. 2020 om 19:04 schreef arno <arno_nuehm@riseup.net>:

> pinephone/mobian user here with similar issue:
>
> error log:
> "/tmp/megapixels.OtEPEq/1.dng: Failed to allocate memory for custom tag
> binary object (-1999065952 elements of 1 bytes each).
> megapixels: tif_dirwrite.c:3071: TIFFWriteDirectoryTagData: Assertion
> `datalength<0x80000000UL' failed.
> Aborted"
>
> and it started with the latest libtiff update a few days ago.
>
> cheers
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)