~martijnbraam/public-inbox

3 3

[BUG] megapixels image corruption and crash

raingloom
<20201220101802.3c692a19@riseup.net>
I'm running it on latest pmOS edge (updated and rebooted a few minutes
ago) and getting the following errors:

Only blue channel in preview on first startup (after wakeup, or after
boot, not sure).
Sometimes only red channel saved. Sometimes the image is an unreadable
mess.
Taking a photo with the front camera results in an instant crash.

It used to work fine...ish a few months ago. The random image
corruptions were still there as far as I remember. But now it's just
completely unusable.

Phone is an UBPorts model, the old version with the USB-C hardware
issue.

Preview and autofocus are fine on subsequent startups.
arno
<0d54598c-d0e2-4990-e7fc-805083580845@riseup.net>
In-Reply-To
<20201220101802.3c692a19@riseup.net> (view parent)
pinephone/mobian user here with similar issue:

error log:
"/tmp/megapixels.OtEPEq/1.dng: Failed to allocate memory for custom tag
binary object (-1999065952 elements of 1 bytes each).
megapixels: tif_dirwrite.c:3071: TIFFWriteDirectoryTagData: Assertion
`datalength<0x80000000UL' failed.
Aborted"

and it started with the latest libtiff update a few days ago.

cheers
<CA+XnvuNo3LDOrB9Hm6Vx+sxDds+GekfZA4YYUF6GS0b0CeQuxw@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<0d54598c-d0e2-4990-e7fc-805083580845@riseup.net> (view parent)
Thanks, it looks like libtiff changed TIFFTAG_CFAPATTERN from fixed
length to variable length in libtiff 4.2.

The current git master should work with the latest libtiff version.

Op ma 21 dec. 2020 om 19:04 schreef arno <arno_nuehm@riseup.net>:

> pinephone/mobian user here with similar issue:
>
> error log:
> "/tmp/megapixels.OtEPEq/1.dng: Failed to allocate memory for custom tag
> binary object (-1999065952 elements of 1 bytes each).
> megapixels: tif_dirwrite.c:3071: TIFFWriteDirectoryTagData: Assertion
> `datalength<0x80000000UL' failed.
> Aborted"
>
> and it started with the latest libtiff update a few days ago.
>
> cheers
Daniel Langbein
<e36aed11-fc7b-2c4d-b456-e30c969d6912@systemli.org>
In-Reply-To
<0d54598c-d0e2-4990-e7fc-805083580845@riseup.net> (view parent)
Hey there,

I'm on Arch Linux ARM and have Megapixels v0.14.0 and libtiff v4.2.0
installed. And I think I have a problem related to this thread.

When I reboot my phone and start Megapixels, the colors are blueish and
the view is rotated/distorted/cropped. [1]

I have to take a picture (which hangs and does not finish) and then kill
the app. [2]

When I start Megapixels after this, the preview is as expected [3] but
the app crashes when taking pictures - with an error inside
tif_dirwrite.c [4].

Whenever I restart my phone, the above repeats.

If I can help with more additional information, please let me know. And
huge thanks for this app!

==============================

[1] Screenshot: https://cloud.privacy1st.de/s/RkH4nBXjJWjF7zG

[2] Log:

Found config file at /usr/share/megapixels/config/pine64,pinephone-1.2.ini
Adding camera rear from config
Adding camera front from config
Found postprocessor script at /usr/share/megapixels/postprocess.sh
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture
Dropped frame at capture

[3]: Screenshot: https://cloud.privacy1st.de/s/a4GQiLadSqNoms4

[4]: Log:

Found config file at /usr/share/megapixels/config/pine64,pinephone-1.2.ini
Adding camera rear from config
Adding camera front from config
Found postprocessor script at /usr/share/megapixels/postprocess.sh
/tmp/megapixels.xNaxb2/0.dng: Failed to allocate memory for custom tag
binary object (-1416434200 elements of 1 bytes each).
TIFF version 20191103
megapixels: tif_dirwrite.c:3071: TIFFWriteDirectoryTagData: Assertion
`datalength<0x80000000UL' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)