We have just released Sxmo 1.12.0. It will be available to postmarketOS
edge users soon. If you are on postmarketOS edge, run `sxmo_upgrade.sh`
(preferably via ssh) to upgrade to the latest release. After the
upgrade, we recommend a reboot.
As always, remember to run `$ sxmo_migrate.sh` after the reboot to
sync your config to the latest release. For more info on the
configversion and `$ sxmo_migrate.sh` see the docs:
Please hop on irc if you have any issues:
This release has bug fixes and quality of life improvements.
Let's go over some highlights!
- sxmo_vibrate will now use the vibration device as defined in device profile
- Fixed bluetoothtoggle for debian
- Improvements to modem scripts:
- Automatically clean up filesystem and reset modem when calling fails
- remove extra code that eg25_manager now handles
- prevent user from making call when they are already in a call
- timer script: fixed sed call and parsing
( details: https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-utils/commit/fb2f25c13e759c8cf70e60de79a7e6e92656d558 )
- Disable bemenu hardware control in lock / screenoff mode
- Do not scale display to 2 by default - use definition from deviceprofile
- Superd: improve startup reliability for edge cases
- statusbar: remove modem_monitor (no need to for verbose output since
eg25_manager and modem scripts are much more reliable)
- widget: remove check for lockedby (we now have this in statusbar.
Widget doesn't update too often)
- remove log spam from some commands launched by Sxmo
- lisgdstart: add three finger gestures
- Fix coloring in statusbar when <...> is in statusbar
- add color to modem states in statusbar
- Implement pulse functions in menu (without pamixer)
- Respect sfeed configuration in rss script
- dmenu: add DMENU_OPTS so user can set height
# Device Support
This release features a number of improvements for devices:
- If the device does not have LED support, display notifications
will be displayed in statusbar
- oneplus 6 and oneplus 6t: vibration works out of the box and
notifications displayed in statusbar (no leds available)
- poco f1: vibration works out of the box
- Xiaomi (Wingtech) Redmi 2: vibration and touchscreen works out of the box
Most notably, when Sxmo is loaded on a device without a device profile,
the user is given documentation on how to write a device profile:
https://sxmo.org/deviceprofile. Since buttons on a new device may not
work, we disable suspend and screen off on idle. Moreover, the
touchscreen should work on devices without a deviceprofile which will
make first time porting easier.
Thank you to everyone who went through the porting process and told us
about the issues they were having. If you have trouble porting your
device, please contact us via the support channels.
## Device Tree Update for Pinephone Pro
The pinephone pro has a new device tree which should ship with most
distros soon. If you are a package maintainer for Sxmo, please check
that the latest release of Sxmo works with the device tree shipped with
your distro and the pinephone pro.
For a full list of changes, please see the git log:
# Other releases
- lisgd 0.3.6: allow compiling for wayland or X11 only and improve error handling
- wvkbd 0.12: Fix dialer numeric pound key
Thank you to upstream projects, contributors, bug reporters, distro
packagers, and people that help new users on irc.
Anjandev Momi, Stacy Harper, Peter John Hartman, Maarten van Gompel
We have also released wayout 0.1.4. This release fixes a small issue
with disabling handle-signals.
Additionally, it seems that Alpine edge is frozen because of the
upcoming release of Alpine 3.17. As such, it may be a while before wayout
and the other programs in Sxmo 1.12.0 are updated in postmarketOS edge.
Special thanks to the Alpine team for reviewing our patches.
Please wait and we expect that all new releases are available in