~mil/sxmo-devel

2 2

[sxmo-dmenu] Merged upstream changes for v5.0

<20201231132442.my26fwb4gnnqrxqf@worker.anaproy.lxd>
There were a few new upstream commits at suckless for dmenu, I now
integrated these into our tree.

--

Maarten van Gompel (proycon)
https://proycon.anaproy.nl
On Thu, Dec 31, 2020, at 8:24 AM, Maarten van Gompel wrote:
> There were a few new upstream commits at suckless for dmenu, I now
> integrated these into our tree.
>
> --
>
> Maarten van Gompel (proycon)
> https://proycon.anaproy.nl

Great - thanks for that. This does bring up the question of how to handle
tagged versions after upstream version updates. The way sxmo tracks
all forks for version numbers is sucklessversion.sxmoversion. E.g. for
dmenu we forked off 4.9 and were at our 7th revision. So our last tag
was 4.9.7.

For the next tag, we could either go with:
- 5.0.1 - e.g. our first version based on 5.0.. or
- 5.0.8 - e.g. our eighth revision (in general) based on 5.0

I guess 5.0.8 makes slightly more sense from my view.
<20210102120340.ihn4jf6dwpi4q36v@worker.anaproy.lxd>
In-Reply-To
<3c7bbd99-2d95-4fa9-a59b-5d44896d7086@www.fastmail.com> (view parent)
On 20-12-31 11:45, Miles Alan wrote:
> Great - thanks for that. This does bring up the question of how to handle
> tagged versions after upstream version updates. The way sxmo tracks
> all forks for version numbers is sucklessversion.sxmoversion. E.g. for
> dmenu we forked off 4.9 and were at our 7th revision. So our last tag
> was 4.9.7.
>
> For the next tag, we could either go with:
> - 5.0.1 - e.g. our first version based on 5.0.. or
> - 5.0.8 - e.g. our eighth revision (in general) based on 5.0
>
> I guess 5.0.8 makes slightly more sense from my view.

Yes, I agree, the latter seems a better numbering scheme indeed. I'll adapt the version
number.

--

Maarten van Gompel (proycon)
https://proycon.anaproy.nl