~mil/sxmo-devel

1

Matrix AV call

<CA+NkjtsWd7AOEqZB6=v6nGOT4bM68rsBpYiB0TvF1WPEAvUFNQ@mail.gmail.com>
Hi SXMO fellows,

I have just reached Concept Proof state with AV streaming (calling)
console client via Gstreamer with Matrix signaling. It works in both
directions Pine to Pine and Pine to Element (web client).
I'm writing here to see if there is interest in this kind of SW. And
if yes, where to push.
Monitoring part is based on matrixcli. Unfortunatly, author still
didn't reply to my patch. Until then my fork could be used
https://git.sr.ht/~fedon/matrixcli. It provides chatting functionality
as well. For placing and accepting calls
https://git.sr.ht/~fedon/gst-matrix. Python3 is required. Gstreamer
with plugins could be installed form standard (PostmarketOS)
repositories. It seems gstreamer-1.16.2-r2 has all required fixes. For
desktop you better compile from Git 1.17.2.
Unfortunately, there is a glitch in Gstreamer which cause random hang
during the first second of streaming. Patients is needed ;)
Stun/turn has not been tested yet.

Best regards,
Dmytro
<87eeos1z7k.fsf@momi.ca>
In-Reply-To
<CA+NkjtsWd7AOEqZB6=v6nGOT4bM68rsBpYiB0TvF1WPEAvUFNQ@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Dmytro F <fedongm@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm writing here to see if there is interest in this kind of SW. And
> if yes, where to push.

Hi!

I really like the programs you have written. I personally do not use
matrix but Im sure the community would appreciate your contributions.
You can add your scripts to the sxmo-utils repo
(https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-utils) and try to send your shell scripts
as patches to this mailing list. ~mil will judge whether this is
something that should be included in mainline sxmo. Even if he decides
this shouldn't be included in mainline sxmo, I would be willing to
include these scripts in my userscripts project:

https://git.sr.ht/~anjan/sxmo-userscripts

Thanks for your work,
Anjandev Momi
--