~mil/sxmo-devel

1

Multiple dogfooding driven ideas.

Sergio Iglesias
<YU17RyXU8+3WYws9@pine64-pinephone>
Hi, List.

I have been using sxmo for the last months in postmarketos
as the ui for my phone and I made a couple of things which
may be useful to other users to ease my usage and would like
to contribute them in the proper way to avoid breaking the
way people is already using sxmo.

The first one is that I changed the sxmo-dwm code to avoid
svkbd to gain display focus on touch event to be able to
control windows on the tv using my phone on convergence.

I made a little script which setups the other screen with xrandr
and limits the input of Goodix capacitive display to DSI-1
(I don't think that's portable at all and I don't know how
to do it the proper way.) without that script you loose the
ability to use the touch screen as the device control.

And finally I made a hook which returns you to xdm login
on suspend wake to avoid the phone being always unlocked.

I would thank any guidance to get any of this into sxmo.
<87y27khqr4.fsf@navi>
In-Reply-To
<YU17RyXU8+3WYws9@pine64-pinephone> (view parent)
Sergio Iglesias <sergiotarxz@posteo.net> writes:

> Hi, List.
>
> I have been using sxmo for the last months in postmarketos
> as the ui for my phone and I made a couple of things which
> may be useful to other users to ease my usage and would like
> to contribute them in the proper way to avoid breaking the
> way people is already using sxmo.
>
> The first one is that I changed the sxmo-dwm code to avoid
> svkbd to gain display focus on touch event to be able to
> control windows on the tv using my phone on convergence.
>
> I made a little script which setups the other screen with xrandr
> and limits the input of Goodix capacitive display to DSI-1
> (I don't think that's portable at all and I don't know how
> to do it the proper way.) without that script you loose the
> ability to use the touch screen as the device control.
>
> And finally I made a hook which returns you to xdm login
> on suspend wake to avoid the phone being always unlocked.
>

> I would thank any guidance to get any of this into sxmo.

Hey!

Sorry for the late response but it seems like you've been sending patches
to the mailing list so I assume one of the maintainers has given you
pointers on how to do the things you want.

In the future, you can join our irc channel for more real time
advice. Usually we have maintainers in there that can tell you
whether your patch would be accepted. If not, our community is very
helpful and they can assist you in real time with your ideas.

Hope this helps,
Anjandev Momi
--
w:] www.momi.ca