~petercxy/shelter

2 2

Unable to uninstall cloned app

Florian Settelmeyer
<AM8P189MB1299D2C606C5304AF0521EFA87769@AM8P189MB1299.EURP189.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>

I have cloned Samsung Calendar (com.samsung.android.calender) to my
work profile via Shelter. The app came pre-installed via the
Galaxy Store to my device. Since I'm not using this app in my work
profile anymore, I tried to uninstall it, but this is actually not
possible. There are no options for that inside the Shelter app, nor
in settings or on the launch screen.

Is this an expected behaviour? Does this apply to all apps that are
pre-installed on an Android device?

Thanks for your help,
Florian
<1241793a8854d5db2b16e38c8b293a58@typeblog.net>
In-Reply-To
<AM8P189MB1299D2C606C5304AF0521EFA87769@AM8P189MB1299.EURP189.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM> (view parent)
Hello,

System apps cannot be removed from Work Profiles once they are enabled /
cloned. This is a limitation of Android and there does not seem to be a
workaround other than destroying the entire work profile and starting
over.

Regards,
Peter.

On 2021-04-07 01:25, Florian Settelmeyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have cloned Samsung Calendar (com.samsung.android.calender) to my
> work profile via Shelter. The app came pre-installed via the
> Galaxy Store to my device. Since I'm not using this app in my work
> profile anymore, I tried to uninstall it, but this is actually not
> possible. There are no options for that inside the Shelter app, nor
> in settings or on the launch screen.
>
> Is this an expected behaviour? Does this apply to all apps that are
> pre-installed on an Android device?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Florian
Florian Settelmeyer
<e4fd7a0c-bacc-caa1-7061-3cd5f1414065@raumobil.com>
In-Reply-To
<1241793a8854d5db2b16e38c8b293a58@typeblog.net> (view parent)
Hi Peter,

thanks for your fast response. I was already thinking that uninstalling
was impossible due to some system restrictions from Android.
Fortunately, I have found a way to hide app icons on the launch screen.
This isn't the same as uninstalling, but for me it's good enough :)

Regards,
Florian

Am 07.04.21 um 00:53 schrieb peter@typeblog.net:
> Hello,
>
> System apps cannot be removed from Work Profiles once they are enabled
> / cloned. This is a limitation of Android and there does not seem to
> be a workaround other than destroying the entire work profile and
> starting over.
>
> Regards,
> Peter.
>
> On 2021-04-07 01:25, Florian Settelmeyer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have cloned Samsung Calendar (com.samsung.android.calender) to my
>> work profile via Shelter. The app came pre-installed via the
>> Galaxy Store to my device. Since I'm not using this app in my work
>> profile anymore, I tried to uninstall it, but this is actually not
>> possible. There are no options for that inside the Shelter app, nor
>> in settings or on the launch screen.
>>
>> Is this an expected behaviour? Does this apply to all apps that are
>> pre-installed on an Android device?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> Florian
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)