~petercxy/shelter

Cross-Profile Calendar Access

Philipp Gütschow
<CANB5VwBtwj7-LN=AJzrDD+yPos6SSyUSSxirCi-o7XzcR-otUw@mail.gmail.com>
I've been using Shelter quite successfully for a while now to corral
all my work-related apps and connect them to my work vpn without
getting my personal apps connected to the office network.
The icing on the cake would be being able to access my work calendar
from the personal profile.
There was a (disabled) toggle allowing calendar data to be shared
somewhere in the android system settings while I was running android
10, which has now disappeared.
I've dug around in the documentation and found this, which sounds
quite straightforward.
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/admin/DevicePolicyManager#setCrossProfileCalendarPackages(android.content.ComponentName,%20java.util.Set%3Cjava.lang.String%3E)

If there's a way to easily implement this functionality I would be
really grateful. Sadly I'm not proficient in android development, or
I'd give it a shot myself.

Thanks.
Philipp
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)