~petercxy/shelter

[Question] WhatsApp calling crashes

Ashwin Vishnu
<bbQ1D1HH2Bd04VENGjLG8R3okKIxroJNyl221rEJEK5wt-6q1CuI0kvUwF1O6rZBTLuqwPLJUkOzbb93zxGVr5oYnNY9Xvy4mBpCjnYLxbM=@protonmail.com>

I am using a Fairphone 3 with stock Android 10 and Shelter 1.6 installed from F-Droid. WhatsApp (WA) works for messaging & voice message when installed in my work profile. I have tried to install WA both by:

- cloning via Shelter
- Play Store in the work profile

In both cases, whenever I try to call someone WA crashes. The other person receives a missed call which never connects. Same goes for receiving WA calls to my device. I see someone else in this GH issue (https://github.com/PeterCxy/Shelter/issues/34) had some issue with WA calling. I am unsure how to debug this, please guide me.

Best regards,
Ashwin
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)