~petrus/mailctl-discuss

3 2

how not to hardcode $HOME

<CUC3RULP0MSF.X6P8915CPCUC@BFERDINANDY-NB>

is it possible to set some alias for home when passing the paths in config?
I tried ~ and $HOME, but they don't seem to work. It would be really convenient
for having the same setup on different machines with different usernames.

Thanks,
Bence

--
+36305425054
bence.ferdinandy.com
On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 02:31:27PM +0200, Bence Ferdinandy wrote:
> is it possible to set some alias for home when passing the paths in config?
> I tried ~ and $HOME, but they don't seem to work. It would be really convenient

No, there is no string interpolation for the config files at the moment.
However, you can try to use relative path (to $HOME) just make sure that
mailctl runs from $HOME. When running by cron that is the default.
<2nou5nsgsaukksnibmsmpnhm2jtqs4ouo5n2mabw3p23q2xys3@ddvrb4qfamij>
In-Reply-To
<t24vim3fn6xcngoltm6c4m5lefx5rx3lelm4fww2qumttwaat4@745u6ho2amku> (view parent)
On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 11:25:26AM +0200, Peter Dobsan wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 02:31:27PM +0200, Bence Ferdinandy wrote:
> > I tried ~ and $HOME, but they don't seem to work. It would be really convenient
>
> No, there is no string interpolation for the config files at the moment.

I have added tilde expansion so ~/... should work now.
No release yet, but you can download a pre-built binary from
https://patchouli.sr.ht/builds.sr.ht/artifacts/~petrus/1032007/5561ba6d0ba23b88/mailctl.tgz
<CUFLXRP2LSU7.13TESLGHHIC59@mashenka>
In-Reply-To
<2nou5nsgsaukksnibmsmpnhm2jtqs4ouo5n2mabw3p23q2xys3@ddvrb4qfamij> (view parent)
Hey Peter,

On Sat Jul 29, 2023 at 23:04, Peter Dobsan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 11:25:26AM +0200, Peter Dobsan wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 02:31:27PM +0200, Bence Ferdinandy wrote:
> > > I tried ~ and $HOME, but they don't seem to work. It would be really convenient
> >
> > No, there is no string interpolation for the config files at the moment.
>
> I have added tilde expansion so ~/... should work now.
> No release yet, but you can download a pre-built binary from
> https://patchouli.sr.ht/builds.sr.ht/artifacts/~petrus/1032007/5561ba6d0ba23b88/mailctl.tgz

thanks for the super quick update!

Best,
Bence