~petrus/mailctl-discuss

Re: Use with gnome-keyring/libsecret?

<opoqm7auhgwu5sghvvtb65zivm646ehnbkadxpwjn7dtlfuvzw@x3gfqo72eeim>
On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 06:48:21PM -0500, Liam Hupfer wrote:
> Attached are a functional wrapper script (tested with KeePassXC’s secret
> service provider) and corresponding config.yaml. These could go in the

Thank you for the script and config. I should probably include them into the
next release.

> The script does not set up any environment variables; I call mailctl
> from an established graphical session, so this is not a problem for me.

Yes it works in this case.

> It seems strange that secret-tool would rely on DISPLAY given that it is
> a command line tool. Wayland sessions without Xwayland may not even set
> this variable.

It seems setting only the dbus env var is enough when running from cron or
by systemd timer:

  export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=${DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS:-unix:path=/run/user/$UID/bus}

I assume that would be the same both for X and Wayland.

Cheers,
  Peter
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)