~protesilaos/denote

10 4

backlink do not work

Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
Details
Message ID
<CA73E705-1194-4324-9962-70708C4C72E5@zoho.eu>
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Hi.Prot
when i tray to get the backlinks give me the answer “no links to the current note but….yes, there are 2 links. It happens wiht org and md files. Can you help me please?

thanks,
Al
Details
Message ID
<87zghkgvkp.fsf@protesilaos.com>
In-Reply-To
<CA73E705-1194-4324-9962-70708C4C72E5@zoho.eu> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
> From: Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
> Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 22:06:32 +0200
>
> Hi.Prot

Hello Alfredo,

> when i tray to get the backlinks give me the answer “no links to the
> current note but….yes, there are 2 links. It happens wiht org and md
> files. Can you help me please?

I can help but I need more information from your side.

1. What is your version of Emacs?  You can see the value with 'M-x
   emacs-version'.  The message is printed in the echo area.  Those
   messages can be shown in their own buffer with 'M-x
   view-echo-area-messages', which is bound to 'C-h e' by default.

2. Are the notes in the same directory or in subdirectories?  We added
   support for subdirectories recently, so there may be something we
   missed.

Thank you for your time!
Prot

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com
Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
Details
Message ID
<m21quv6ewv.fsf@zoho.eu>
In-Reply-To
<87zghkgvkp.fsf@protesilaos.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
fail
Download raw message
DKIM signature: fail
Hi Prot,
My emacs version is 28.1.
Org files are in a folder. In this folder there are another one with the
md files. I don't have any org file linked with md files.
My setup is the same I got in the manual.

Thanks in advance,
Alfredo
Details
Message ID
<d32e600d-92b0-62dd-e6e6-4e0866da4868@gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<m21quv6ewv.fsf@zoho.eu> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Hi Alfredo,

I wasn't able to reproduce your issue with the following code on 
Emacs28.1@Win10 with denote 0.2.1, can you try it and report your results?

;; --- code starts here -------------------
(let ((denote-directory (make-temp-file "denotetest" t))
       main)
   (save-window-excursion
     (denote-create-note "Main Example File" "support")
     (setq main (buffer-file-name))
     (save-buffer)
     (kill-current-buffer)
     (dolist (bufid (split-string "Foo Bar Nonsense Example"))
       (denote-create-note bufid "support")
       (insert
        (format "This is an example link into the main file from %s.

Even though this file is complete nonsense, it should still be
visible within the list of linking buffers if you use the
interactive `denote-link-backlinks' function via M-x.

All that's necessary for that is this link:" bufid))
       (denote-link main)
       (newline)
       (save-buffer)
       (kill-current-buffer)))
   (find-file main)
   (denote-link-backlinks))
;; --- code ends here -------------------

This will create a new folder within your `$TEMP` and sprinkle some 
files, including an "Main Example File" that has four backlinks. It also 
runs the `denote-link-backlinks` function at the end, since it uses a 
modified `denote-directory` (to ensure that your own notes are not 
modified).

Also, for completeness, what operating system do you use?

Hope that helps,
   Benjamin
Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
Details
Message ID
<m2a69ilj1s.fsf@zoho.eu>
In-Reply-To
<87zghkgvkp.fsf@protesilaos.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
fail
Download raw message
DKIM signature: fail
Hi Prot,
executing the code you have sent me, it works, a note called "Main
Example File" appears and the backlinks in another buffer below
I am using a MacBook pro intel procesor.
As the code you sent me works, what must I do?

Thanks,
Al
Details
Message ID
<cf886e52-cf73-5403-7491-0f6befe1c769@svenseebeck.me>
In-Reply-To
<87zghkgvkp.fsf@protesilaos.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
missing
Download raw message
Hi!

Sorry to chime in and I don't know if it is related or not, but I had 
issues with EMACS on the Mac (it had been the from emacsformacos.com/) 
in the past as well, especially with things related to DIRED and the 
acessing the file system in general. Not using a Mac anymore but in my 
case it had been a permission issue which had been fixed by granting 
EMACS full-disk access, and I believe granting RUBY equally full disk 
access as well.

I'm now short of time, but I "think" there are some helpful things in 
this thread: 
(https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/jpawb1/emacsforosx_permission_problem_in_macos_big_sur/) 
in case that is at all related to your issues.

Hope this helps,

Sven
Details
Message ID
<8735faftjs.fsf@protesilaos.com>
In-Reply-To
<m2a69ilj1s.fsf@zoho.eu> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
> From: Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
> Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 11:41:35 +0200
>
> Hi Prot,

Hi Alfredo,

> executing the code you have sent me, it works, a note called "Main
> Example File" appears and the backlinks in another buffer below
> I am using a MacBook pro intel procesor.
> As the code you sent me works, what must I do?

It was Benjamin (in Cc) who sent you the code.  Unfortunately, this is a
problem of Emacs that I cannot test/solve as I only have access to a
GNU/Linux machine.

Maybe the link that Sven shared (also in Cc) will help you?  I copy it
here, for your convenience:
<https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/jpawb1/emacsforosx_permission_problem_in_macos_big_sur/>.

All the best,
Prot

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com
Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
Details
Message ID
<F6E3B5FF-ACA0-4158-8BD9-D5A6AACA0091@zoho.eu>
In-Reply-To
<8735faftjs.fsf@protesilaos.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Thanks a lot all of you for your help

It is strange it works with the code you sent me but it doesn’t with the configuration I have.
My Mac it is ok with no problem with permissions.
I am very interested to work with denote as I do not depend of a data base like org roam and can use the same directory in other machines with no problem. Probably it is a stupid issue with an easy solution but…..
I’ve reviewed the configuration many times but nothing wrong found….I think

Thanks anyway for your help

Al


> El 9 jul 2022, a las 12:51, Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com> escribió:
> 
>> From: Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
>> Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 11:41:35 +0200
>> 
>> Hi Prot,
> 
> Hi Alfredo,
> 
>> executing the code you have sent me, it works, a note called "Main
>> Example File" appears and the backlinks in another buffer below
>> I am using a MacBook pro intel procesor.
>> As the code you sent me works, what must I do?
> 
> It was Benjamin (in Cc) who sent you the code.  Unfortunately, this is a
> problem of Emacs that I cannot test/solve as I only have access to a
> GNU/Linux machine.
> 
> Maybe the link that Sven shared (also in Cc) will help you?  I copy it
> here, for your convenience:
> <https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/jpawb1/emacsforosx_permission_problem_in_macos_big_sur/>.
> 
> All the best,
> Prot
> 
> -- 
> Protesilaos Stavrou
> https://protesilaos.com
Details
Message ID
<87r12s72m6.fsf@protesilaos.com>
In-Reply-To
<F6E3B5FF-ACA0-4158-8BD9-D5A6AACA0091@zoho.eu> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
> From: Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
> Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 14:09:58 +0200
>
> Thanks a lot all of you for your help
>
> It is strange it works with the code you sent me but it doesn’t with the configuration I have.
> My Mac it is ok with no problem with permissions.
> I am very interested to work with denote as I do not depend of a data base like org roam and can use the same directory in other machines with no problem. Probably it is a stupid issue with an easy solution but…..
> I’ve reviewed the configuration many times but nothing wrong found….I think
>
> Thanks anyway for your help

Hello Alfredo,

It is likely you encountered a bug that was fixed in the last few
commits.  Do you, or can you, use Denote from the latest commit and try
again?

If not, no worries.  I will prepare a new version in the coming days and
add it to the official package.

All the best,
Prot

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com
Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
Details
Message ID
<00950FCF-4D2E-4312-8349-31AFFB98149D@zoho.eu>
In-Reply-To
<87r12s72m6.fsf@protesilaos.com> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
Hi Prot,

I did a git pull in my denote package folder and yes, the problem is SOLVED. I can get the backlinks properly.
Thank you all for your help. 
Now, I can say that the best of denote is its support.

Regards,
Al 


> El 11 jul 2022, a las 5:24, Protesilaos Stavrou <info@protesilaos.com> escribió:
> 
>> From: Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
>> Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 14:09:58 +0200
>> 
>> Thanks a lot all of you for your help
>> 
>> It is strange it works with the code you sent me but it doesn’t with the configuration I have.
>> My Mac it is ok with no problem with permissions.
>> I am very interested to work with denote as I do not depend of a data base like org roam and can use the same directory in other machines with no problem. Probably it is a stupid issue with an easy solution but…..
>> I’ve reviewed the configuration many times but nothing wrong found….I think
>> 
>> Thanks anyway for your help
> 
> Hello Alfredo,
> 
> It is likely you encountered a bug that was fixed in the last few
> commits.  Do you, or can you, use Denote from the latest commit and try
> again?
> 
> If not, no worries.  I will prepare a new version in the coming days and
> add it to the official package.
> 
> All the best,
> Prot
> 
> -- 
> Protesilaos Stavrou
> https://protesilaos.com
Details
Message ID
<87mtdfak70.fsf@protesilaos.com>
In-Reply-To
<00950FCF-4D2E-4312-8349-31AFFB98149D@zoho.eu> (view parent)
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
> From: Alfredo Borrás <alborras@zoho.eu>
> Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 14:40:44 +0200
>
> Hi Prot,
>
> I did a git pull in my denote package folder and yes, the problem is
> SOLVED. I can get the backlinks properly.

Great!

> Thank you all for your help. 
> Now, I can say that the best of denote is its support.

Thank you and thanks to everyone involved!

I wrote the release notes for version 0.3.0.  Will publish the new
version tonight, unless something major happens.

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)