~qaul/community

Record of Voice-Chat from Monday, 13 April 2020

Mathias Jud
<3ecde6cf-a5f8-530d-2df4-f558bf0a773d@open-communication.net>
Record for Monday, 13 April 2020, 16:00 UTC

**Attending**
Katharina, Mathias, Nora

### Agenda

#### Alexandria

* Integrated alexandria source tree into qaul.net repo
  * Makes interating on integration easier
  * Might want to remove it again later (we'll see)
* Weird issue around feature gates
  * alexandria needs ratman-identity with feature "aligned"
  * libqaul (and others) don't
  * When using alexandria in libqaul the feature is disabled. Why?
* Added utilities to create diffs
* Integrating the user storage into alexandria (see
libqaul/src/store/user.rs and libqaul/src/user/store.rs)

##### Netmods

* state of netmods, which do we have ATM
* Removed the netmod-udp tests
* netmod-udp has the problem, that it

##### Internet Overlay Netmod

* Not a lot of updates
  * Collected daemons into one single deamon
  * Blocked on subscribing to message events

There is a beautiful flowchart diagram of the CLI client & qaul.net
which can be viewed here:

https://cryptpad.open-communication.net/code/#/2/code/view/NXik+hiymMld8qDygC1jeUfpMadWEXVufbQalAjZFTk/

#### VoIP Service

* Not a lot of updates, kinda getting there

#### WebGUI, RPC & HTTP

* http REST interface
  * see:
https://cryptpad.open-communication.net/code/#/2/code/edit/F5BZ85MvcMBAPj4qGHZFcEqD/
  * on top of RPC? restructure: http -> rest | rpc -> ui-api -> services
* URL-Rewrites: needed to rewrite the naive-tide-static-server

#### Alpha version

* where are we?
  * discuss & list points
  * general list here:
https://cryptpad.open-communication.net/code/#/2/code/edit/TdMEuCSfNHREswXBAHHapZWb/
* prioritzation
  * Katharina: alexandria integration, work on API layer
  * Nora: daemon/ CLI utils. Better TCP sending
  * Mathias: HTTP/ Restification of the libqaul-http crate

#### How to include testers

* Add Dockerfiles to the repo to create test setups
* Tutorial on how to create tests
  * Use qauld to configure test scenarios

#### Random Questions

* qaul-messages:
  * what are tags for?
    * Searching: a tag is a Key-Value tag that can be searched for
  * what does it mean, when an instance (~user?~ service!) subscribes to
something?
    * It gets updates to a particular set of data (by tag for example)
when they happen
* how to query alexandria?
  * `library.data().query(Query::Tag(...))?`

-----

**Next Meeting**

We are having the next meeting next **Monday**, 20 April 2020, 16:00 UTC
(**New time!**) at https://meet.jit.si/qaul.net

Topics & meeting record can be written in the following CryptPad:
https://cryptpad.open-communication.net/code/#/2/code/edit/93U-c4xrfMajh0AOBeWbc9EN/
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)