~qaul/community

Voice-Chat Meeting: next meeting tomorrow & record of 6th April

Mathias Jud
<8d00d0c3-f337-2f9f-3e9a-55d0ca1f6e09@open-communication.net>
For those who have: A happy holiday everyone during this strange time!

I'm looking forward to our next meeting tomorrow, 13 April 2020, 16:00
UTC on https://meet.jit.si/qaul.net
Please add talking points here:
https://cryptpad.open-communication.net/code/#/2/code/edit/93U-c4xrfMajh0AOBeWbc9EN/

Below the record of the last voice-chat meeting from Monday, 6 April
2020, 16:00 UTC

**Attending**

Mathias, Nora, Jess, Katharina, Kevin

**Discussion**

### Alpha version

Update:

* Storage system is "done":
https://git.open-communication.net/qaul/alexandria
* Features:
  * Namespaced
  * Key protected by user
  * Shared scope for flooded messages
  * Subscriptions support for 'next' messages, which gives you a future
  * Updating things needs diffs
* Trying to focus on random crashes

Problems

* Http RPC interface not working
  * see:
https://cryptpad.open-communication.net/code/#/2/code/edit/8byLysiD6noxjoEbV-UfCga-/
  * we will prioritzie a the interface work

### VoIP Service

* linux-voice-test panics at them moment
* Progress is being made \o/

### Internet Overlay Netmod

* Can send and receive messages
* Too many daemons -> move more stuff to qauld
* Think about creating a more modular interface for loading netmods
  * Think about how to build a network management abstraction in libqaul

### Android Version

* No updates

### Linux Version

* Looking into making a webview UI with glade
* Think about implementing a relm UI

### Cryptography

* No updates

### Routing Protocol

* Had some thoughts about namespacing networks to scale better:
https://cryptpad.open-communication.net/code/#/2/code/edit/jst2J3Cikofn7xnt0tJLsrD7/

-----

**Next Meeting**

We are having the next meeting next **Monday**, 13 April 2020, 16:00 UTC
(**New time!**) at https://meet.jit.si/qaul.net

Topics & meeting record can be written in the following CryptPad:
https://cryptpad.open-communication.net/code/#/2/code/edit/93U-c4xrfMajh0AOBeWbc9EN/
Export thread (mbox)