~rabbits/uxn

1

Let's talk about the ' rune

<CAKis=aFyKKP4ZM_GFYcLmO2OpX9gjO-9OfLHJzMq6879Hd=WrA@mail.gmail.com>
So BinaryCat raised a good point yesterday asking what was the point
of '(single-quote) if it behaves the same as "(double-quote) but for
one character, could it be used for literals instead if we can simply
"a for single raw ascii bytes.

I think that'd be a good change, my MOST frequent use of the
single-quote rune is for shortcuts routing and they're always prefixed
with LIT, I'd love to know what you think. It'll break lots of
projects and docs, but I wouldn't mind porting it all if others are
enthusiastic about this change.

Let me know what you think :)
<YvQmVMsJWxeSBEQG@vein.plastic-idolatry.com>
In-Reply-To
<CAKis=aFyKKP4ZM_GFYcLmO2OpX9gjO-9OfLHJzMq6879Hd=WrA@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 02:09:57PM -0700, Hundred Rabbits wrote:
> So BinaryCat raised a good point yesterday asking what was the point
> of '(single-quote) if it behaves the same as "(double-quote) but for
> one character, could it be used for literals instead if we can simply
> "a for single raw ascii bytes.
> Let me know what you think :)

I like the idea behind this change.

My vote would be to wait to merge this change a bit until we figure
out if Uxntal will be changing in other ways. That way authors can
update their ROMs once with a list of changes in hand versus doing
each of these one at a time.

(I don't have a sense of how much or little Uxntal might be changing
so it's possible I'm off-base here.)

-- Erik
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)