~reedwade/wee-matter-devel

2 2

New fork

Damien Tardy-Panis
<CD2627R66YPP.2XOZ4YJXLWJSY@Guinguette>

I've been working on wee-matter on my own for a bit, fixing some stuff
and adding some new features. I didn't send patches yet because there
would have been too many of them and there wasn't many changes happening
in the project anyway.

But now I've decided to make big refactoring towards using a more Object
Oriented style as it makes it easier to add the features I want. It also
brings it closer to wee-slack from which I can now more easily copy
things.

From what I inferred from previous messages, I believe you're not really
welcoming such big changes with lot of new features into the project so
that's why I've decided to fork the project (Correct me if I'm wrong and
you're willing to merge my changes).

You can find my fork at https://git.sr.ht/~tardypad/wee-most

I just wanted to let you know about it also mainly in case you wanted to
cherry-pick a few of my early commits (from before the ongoing OO
refactoring) as they fix a few things.

Most notably the commit
https://git.sr.ht/~tardypad/wee-most/commit/be4c63a3961cef57b279e28c3d70c86a2761a1b3
is fixing the "too many active session tokens" mentioned in
https://todo.sr.ht/~reedwade/wee-matter/26

Although there are still several bugs and missing features that forces
me to use the web interface, I'm glad I don't have to constantly use it
anymore. I'll be slowly working on those items now.

So, anyway thank you for creating wee-matter :), I would never have
started this project myself without this base.

--
Damien Tardy-Panis
<3RFHFL9M7QH3M.2QMN2Z2OAT3XB@stacyharper.net>
> Hi,

Hello !

> I've been working on wee-matter on my own for a bit, fixing some stuff
> and adding some new features. I didn't send patches yet because there
> would have been too many of them and there wasn't many changes
> happening in the project anyway.

I fixed ton of things recently. Specially about reliability when loosing
connection. The re-hydratation process should now be bullet proof.

> But now I've decided to make big refactoring towards using a more
> Object Oriented style as it makes it easier to add the features I
> want. It also brings it closer to wee-slack from which I can now more
> easily copy things.
>
> >From what I inferred from previous messages, I believe you're not
> really welcoming such big changes with lot of new features into the
> project so that's why I've decided to fork the project (Correct me if
> I'm wrong and you're willing to merge my changes).

I think you right and I'm happy you played with this project by yourself
to make it more suitable to your needs. I'm happy to merge bugfixes but
yes, I refrain a little bit features and big refactorisation. Especially
when those refactorisations move to a more POO play style :D

> You can find my fork at https://git.sr.ht/~tardypad/wee-most
>
> I just wanted to let you know about it also mainly in case you wanted
> to cherry-pick a few of my early commits (from before the ongoing OO
> refactoring) as they fix a few things.
>
> Most notably the commit
> https://git.sr.ht/~tardypad/wee-most/commit/be4c63a3961cef57b279e28c3d70c86a2761a1b3
> is fixing the "too many active session tokens" mentioned in
> https://todo.sr.ht/~reedwade/wee-matter/26

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I'll definitely have a look at this.
Personnaly I really dont care about using ton of tokens but I may be
great for other users.

> Although there are still several bugs and missing features that forces
> me to use the web interface, I'm glad I don't have to constantly use
> it anymore. I'll be slowly working on those items now.

There is ton of missing feature, especially when you administrate the
instance. In my opinion, the user scope looks good enough (or maybe I
just dont use some mattermost features).

> So, anyway thank you for creating wee-matter :), I would never have
> started this project myself without this base.

Your welcome ! I'm happy this project helped others. I use it daily from
a long time now and I'm a little bit glad of it :D

Have a nice day Damien !
Stacy
<CD2GS4OIHDJ7.3D5VJ478IZ2XE@Guinguette>
In-Reply-To
<3RFHFL9M7QH3M.2QMN2Z2OAT3XB@stacyharper.net> (view parent)
> I fixed ton of things recently. Specially about reliability when
> loosing connection. The re-hydratation process should now be bullet
> proof.

Yeah, I saw the few new commits. Thanks, I'll cherry-pick some if I can
especially the ones about the reliability on lost connections.

> There is ton of missing feature, especially when you administrate the
> instance. In my opinion, the user scope looks good enough (or maybe I
> just dont use some mattermost features).

Oh the user scope is definitely good enough. But I've been used to
wee-slack in my previous job and I'd like to have a similar user
experience with most of its bells and whistles.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)