~reykjalin/public-inbox

3 3

Possible bug in nova-phpcs

Guilherme Cartaxo <guilherme@weareboq.com>
<949DA8B7-8F82-47D2-BE1B-A58813656659@weareboq.com>
Hi.

After the last update, nova-phpcs started automatic fixing code on
every save.

Today I finally decided to investigate and found that config.js seems
to be loading phpcbf instead of phpcs in lines 16 and 20.

After replacing “com.thorlaksson.phpcs.phpcbfExecutablePath” with
“com.thorlaksson.phpcs.executablePath” in those lines, the extension
started behaving as before and stopped automatically fixing the code.

Best.

Guilherme
<CATNE8IV9M9K.1MKBCYDW7D485@Kristofers-MacBook-Pro.local>
In-Reply-To
<949DA8B7-8F82-47D2-BE1B-A58813656659@weareboq.com> (view parent)
Hi Guilherme,

> After the last update, nova-phpcs started automatic fixing code on
> every save.
>
> Today I finally decided to investigate and found that config.js seems
> to be loading phpcbf instead of phpcs in lines 16 and 20.

Thank you so much for reporting this! I don't know how I haven't seen
this since I've been using the extension like this since the last
release :O .

I'm so sorry about the issue! I hope it didn't cause any issues in your
workflows.

For now, you can quickly monkey patch this yourself by manually
modifying config.js in
"~/Library/Application Support/Nova/Extensions/com.thorlaksson.phpcs/Scripts/config.js"
(at least I think that's the right path).

Unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment to release a fix, but
you can expect a release with an update this coming Monday (April 26).

Thank you again for reporting this! I'll be in touch again once I've
fixed the issue, just to make sure everything works as intended :) .

Best regards,
Kristófer R.
Guilherme Cartaxo <guilherme@weareboq.com>
<E6EBB8EF-F829-40D0-8498-B40C5720ADDB@weareboq.com>
In-Reply-To
<CATNE8IV9M9K.1MKBCYDW7D485@Kristofers-MacBook-Pro.local> (view parent)
Hi Kristófer,

No worries! I thought it was some misconfiguration on my side, but it
didn’t really affect our workflow.

I did the fixes you mentioned and it’s working as expected again.

Thank you for the plugin.

Guilherme

On 21 Apr 2021, at 20:27, Kristófer Reykjalín wrote:

> Hi Guilherme,
>
>> After the last update, nova-phpcs started automatic fixing code on
>> every save.
>>
>> Today I finally decided to investigate and found that config.js seems
>> to be loading phpcbf instead of phpcs in lines 16 and 20.
>
> Thank you so much for reporting this! I don't know how I haven't seen
> this since I've been using the extension like this since the last
> release :O .
>
> I'm so sorry about the issue! I hope it didn't cause any issues in
> your
> workflows.
>
> For now, you can quickly monkey patch this yourself by manually
> modifying config.js in
> "~/Library/Application
> Support/Nova/Extensions/com.thorlaksson.phpcs/Scripts/config.js"
> (at least I think that's the right path).
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the time at the moment to release a fix,
> but
> you can expect a release with an update this coming Monday (April 26).
>
> Thank you again for reporting this! I'll be in touch again once I've
> fixed the issue, just to make sure everything works as intended :) .
>

> Best regards,
> Kristófer R.
<CAXZQC0L8E1S.T3X1AUEV8ZG1@Kristofers-Work-MacBook-Pro.local>
In-Reply-To
<E6EBB8EF-F829-40D0-8498-B40C5720ADDB@weareboq.com> (view parent)
Hello again Guilherme!

I just published version 1.2.2 of PHP_CodeSniffer, and it should fix the
issue :)
Please let me know if it doesn't!

> On 21 Apr 2021, at 20:27, Kristófer Reykjalín wrote:
>
> > I don't know how I haven't seen
> > this since I've been using the extension like this since the last
> > release :O .

I realized the reason I never encountered the issue is that the projects
I work on never use the fallback (bundled) phpcs scripts, since we
install them via Composer for each project.

Thank you for reporting this! It's a great help :)

Best regards,
Kristófer R.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)