~rjarry/aerc-devel

8 3

Move unsent messages to draft

<CH8NB2YD2OYT.VANLHR99N5XR@nix>
After composition, the following dialog is prompted:

    Send this email? [y]es/[n]o/[e]dit/[a]ttach

I sometimes write a really long message and accidentally select n
(instead of e, perhaps due to muscle memory).  I know this sounds
like a LTT issue but it'd be lovely if either of the following
is implemented:

1. Require a confirmation, e.g.

       Delete this draft?  Type DELETE to confirm.

2. Move the draft to the Draft folder.

I think (1) is more common for CLI programs
while (2) is often seen in other MUAs.
<CH8O13O0Q8MG.2KS5ILTQGELUI@diabtop>
In-Reply-To
<CH8NB2YD2OYT.VANLHR99N5XR@nix> (view parent)

Nguyễn Gia Phong, Jan 18, 2022 at 09:09:
> 1. Require a confirmation, e.g.
>
>        Delete this draft?  Type DELETE to confirm.

I believe this can be done by changing the bindings to the following:

[compose::review]
y = :send<Enter>
e = :edit<Enter>
p = :postpone<Enter>
n = :choose -o d discard abort -o p postpone postpone<Enter>
q = :choose -o d discard abort -o p postpone postpone<Enter>

The default bindings could be changed accordingly.

What do you think?
<CH8OHKESBQ3T.3CJMKOZN7NA3Y@nix>
In-Reply-To
<CH8O13O0Q8MG.2KS5ILTQGELUI@diabtop> (view parent)
On Tue Jan 18, 2022 at 9:43 AM +0100, Robin Jarry wrote:
> I believe this can be done by changing the bindings to the following:
>
> [compose::review]
> y = :send<Enter>
> e = :edit<Enter>
> p = :postpone<Enter>
> n = :choose -o d discard abort -o p postpone postpone<Enter>
> q = :choose -o d discard abort -o p postpone postpone<Enter>
>
> The default bindings could be changed accordingly.
>
> What do you think?

I think that solves it!  Is the prompt customizable as well?
<CH8OX4KLVBR8.129QB23EH371J@diabtop>
In-Reply-To
<CH8OHKESBQ3T.3CJMKOZN7NA3Y@nix> (view parent)
Nguyễn Gia Phong, Jan 18, 2022 at 10:05:
> I think that solves it!  Is the prompt customizable as well?

You can change the displayed text. Check the man page:

https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/tree/0.7.1/item/doc/aerc.1.scd#L95

However, I don't think you can specify more than one word.
<CH8P2Y0E0XE7.2J6LIWIXE2SHJ@nix>
In-Reply-To
<CH8OX4KLVBR8.129QB23EH371J@diabtop> (view parent)
Thanks, although I was asking for the first prompt, since [p]ostpone
is set by default but missing.  I grep the source and it seems that
it is hardcoded in widgets/compose.go
<CH8P6QY08IPS.2ZQMC21PNUJ27@diabtop>
In-Reply-To
<CH8P2Y0E0XE7.2J6LIWIXE2SHJ@nix> (view parent)
Nguyễn Gia Phong, Jan 18, 2022 at 10:32:
> Thanks, although I was asking for the first prompt, since [p]ostpone
> is set by default but missing.  I grep the source and it seems that
> it is hardcoded in widgets/compose.go

Oh yes, there is a TODO comment about using the bindings to generate the
message:

https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/tree/0.7.1/item/widgets/compose.go#L971
<CH8Q3W689AC3.2TJJQ9WJOYLES@ace>
In-Reply-To
<CH8P6QY08IPS.2ZQMC21PNUJ27@diabtop> (view parent)
On Tue Jan 18, 2022 at 9:37 AM GMT, Robin Jarry wrote:
> Nguyễn Gia Phong, Jan 18, 2022 at 10:32:
> > Thanks, although I was asking for the first prompt, since [p]ostpone
> > is set by default but missing.  I grep the source and it seems that
> > it is hardcoded in widgets/compose.go
>
> Oh yes, there is a TODO comment about using the bindings to generate the
> message:
>
> https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/tree/0.7.1/item/widgets/compose.go#L971

Should someone generate a sourcehut TODO for that? So someone can pick
up the task.
<CH8Q5DJ3VCD3.CBPAC3TYVED5@diabtop>
In-Reply-To
<CH8Q3W689AC3.2TJJQ9WJOYLES@ace> (view parent)
Byron Torres, Jan 18, 2022 at 11:21:
> > https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/tree/0.7.1/item/widgets/compose.go#L971
>
> Should someone generate a sourcehut TODO for that? So someone can pick
> up the task.

Sure, you can create a ticket. This will not be trivial to fix however.
<CH8QJX40XE13.3RF0FNLELYJLE@ace>
In-Reply-To
<CH8Q5DJ3VCD3.CBPAC3TYVED5@diabtop> (view parent)
On Tue Jan 18, 2022 at 10:23 AM GMT, Robin Jarry wrote:
> Byron Torres, Jan 18, 2022 at 11:21:
> > > https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/tree/0.7.1/item/widgets/compose.go#L971
> >
> > Should someone generate a sourcehut TODO for that? So someone can pick
> > up the task.
>
> Sure, you can create a ticket. This will not be trivial to fix however.

I've created a ticket.

https://todo.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/14
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)