~rjarry/aerc-discuss

3 3

Keybinds activate when searching and viewing email

Dennis Chen <dchen@dennisc.net>
<63QMG9MCVZ0siegcp1dVYY2xsGwHjj9MAmOx@sexy-machine>
I'm on the master branch and built aerc from source.

When I run aerc, view an email, and search (by pressing /), keybindings
like rr are still active. For example, when I try to search the word
"terrific", the "te" gets typed out and the r's do not. Furthermore,
once I have typed both r's, aerc begins replying to the email.

Notably, this is not an issue when I press / (which is equivalent to
:search) when I am just in my inbox, not viewing any emails.

<CIX0J5QXPWFM.1M7NU9ITTNHPC@dave>
In-Reply-To
<63QMG9MCVZ0siegcp1dVYY2xsGwHjj9MAmOx@sexy-machine> (view parent)
Dennis Chen, Mar 30, 2022 at 06:54:
> I'm on the master branch and built aerc from source.
>
> When I run aerc, view an email, and search (by pressing /), keybindings
> like rr are still active. For example, when I try to search the word
> "terrific", the "te" gets typed out and the r's do not. Furthermore,
> once I have typed both r's, aerc begins replying to the email.
>
> Notably, this is not an issue when I press / (which is equivalent to
> :search) when I am just in my inbox, not viewing any emails.

Hi Dennis,

This is a known issue which has been fixed by this commit:

https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/commit/74366d895d5c

Note that it requires a key bind to activate the pass through mode:

https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/tree/74366d895d5c5cce5c14424926bb5de229894884/item/config/binds.conf#L59

And also it requires a view::passthrough section to allow exiting that
mode:

https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/tree/74366d895d5c5cce5c14424926bb5de229894884/item/config/binds.conf#L78-81

Maybe your configuration does not contain these default binds.
Jens Grassel <jens@wegtam.com>
<CIX7DXUE035G.2HG7EKCJF80UJ@gizmoduck.office.wegtam.com>
In-Reply-To
<CIX0J5QXPWFM.1M7NU9ITTNHPC@dave> (view parent)

On Wed Mar 30, 2022 at 9:11 AM CEST, Robin Jarry wrote:
> This is a known issue which has been fixed by this commit:

great! I was about to report it also but checked again and found that my
bindings.conf was quite old and missed the required settings. ;-)

Thanks and regards,

Jens

--
Wegtam GmbH, CTO, 2022-03-30 14:31
Homepage : https://www.wegtam.com

"Don't take this the wrong way, Fry, but you don't seem like the educated
type." -Leela
<CIX7YHQEJMS7.JNPKC972SZ4G@Archetype>
In-Reply-To
<CIX7DXUE035G.2HG7EKCJF80UJ@gizmoduck.office.wegtam.com> (view parent)
On Wed Mar 30, 2022 at 2:33 PM CEST, Jens Grassel wrote:
> Wegtam GmbH, CTO, 2022-03-30 14:31
> Homepage : https://www.wegtam.com
>
> "Don't take this the wrong way, Fry, but you don't seem like the educated
> type." -Leela

I just have to say it… the quote in the signature is great!
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)