~rjarry/aerc-discuss

1

tui upgrade

<CJ2GMDVTBJMF.2ZY2SB5JCN7X2@micro-pc>
So I was wondering if someone didn't consider to play a bit with the
layout of aerc. It would be great if there was a way to configure the
layout, not just the colors.

My ideas are:
1. with a config file, where we would define what will be displayed, and
   where, but that's too much work
2. Just a prettier remake of the tui, with some more options.
3. Or just refactor the code a bit more in a 'EmailClient' lib with a
simplified API + 'TuiThing' that will display the data with the lib. So
that anyone could easily write a different frontend.

I found this as an inspiration and immediately thought, that I want my
email client this pretty :)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dlvhdr/gh-prs/main/demo.gif

PS: tcell is great, but mayme checking out the amazing bubbletea +
lipgloss?
https://github.com/charmbracelet/bubbletea
https://github.com/charmbracelet/lipgloss

Re: ***UNCHECKED*** tui upgrade

<CJ2KHBKATS19.RYTTVL5ISR5O@Archetype>
In-Reply-To
<CJ2GMDVTBJMF.2ZY2SB5JCN7X2@micro-pc> (view parent)
On Tue Apr 5, 2022 at 6:51 PM CEST, Vladimír Magyar wrote:
> So I was wondering if someone didn't consider to play a bit with the
> layout of aerc. It would be great if there was a way to configure the
> layout, not just the colors.
>
> My ideas are:
> 1. with a config file, where we would define what will be displayed, and
>    where, but that's too much work
> 2. Just a prettier remake of the tui, with some more options.
> 3. Or just refactor the code a bit more in a 'EmailClient' lib with a
> simplified API + 'TuiThing' that will display the data with the lib. So
> that anyone could easily write a different frontend.
>
> I found this as an inspiration and immediately thought, that I want my
> email client this pretty :)
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dlvhdr/gh-prs/main/demo.gif
>
> PS: tcell is great, but mayme checking out the amazing bubbletea +
> lipgloss?

I'm all for more customizability, but I don't think this is a high
priority. A patch would be appreciated though. I'd love to see a
fancier™ UI as well, but my UI-Design skills are pretty much
non-existant.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)