~rjarry/aerc-discuss

2 2

Reply to html emails

Robert Günzler <robert@gnzler.io>
<CJ3V5RSGQTN2.DGHWHB0PMOGP@hibiki>
As much as I might try to avoid them, I sometimes have to reply to HTML
only emails.
When using 'reply -q' the text inserted into the editor is
basically unusable for quoting the original message.

Is there a way to have the reply command use the same filter we have for
displaying the email?
<CJ3V8YICXXKE.1M2E0Q3U95UK8@Archetype>
In-Reply-To
<CJ3V5RSGQTN2.DGHWHB0PMOGP@hibiki> (view parent)
On Thu Apr 7, 2022 at 10:27 AM CEST, Robert Günzler wrote:
> Is there a way to have the reply command use the same filter we have for
> displaying the email?

Have you tried Robin's suggestion here[0]?

[0]: https://lists.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc-devel/%3C20220401100757.5pej3aifyhaf2jz4%40t480s.localdomain%3E#%3CCJ1BPCC83FYG.1EKV0N576VF57@dave%3E

--
Moritz Poldrack
https://moritz.sh
On Thu Apr 7, 2022 at 10:31 AM CEST, Moritz Poldrack wrote:
> On Thu Apr 7, 2022 at 10:27 AM CEST, Robert Günzler wrote:
> > Is there a way to have the reply command use the same filter we have for
> > displaying the email?
>
> Have you tried Robin's suggestion here[0]?
>
> [0]: https://lists.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc-devel/%3C20220401100757.5pej3aifyhaf2jz4%40t480s.localdomain%3E#%3CCJ1BPCC83FYG.1EKV0N576VF57@dave%3E

that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks o/

rtfm I guess, didn't know the contents of the reply message where driven
by a template I can just overwrite
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)