~rjarry/aerc-discuss

4 3

Open message in a browser

<CNC8I4P2Y5MU.ED6PM6T0K9KB@fedora>
Hello.

AERC opens Firefox if I want to read a message in a browser, but I want to use Chromium, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance.
<CNC8ZX4AZ8IJ.P9AMX7SMKJYV@ryzen>
In-Reply-To
<CNC8I4P2Y5MU.ED6PM6T0K9KB@fedora> (view parent)
> AERC opens Firefox if I want to read a message in a browser, but I want
> to use Chromium, how do I do it?

I'm sure it's not aerc that associates HTML with Firefox but rather your
system setup.

Anyway, check out the `:pipe` command to pipe the HTML part (needs to be
selected) to another program.

To see an example, you might want to check out vib [0].

[0] : https://sr.ht/~renerocksai/vib/
<CNC9MT34O4VF.2IJLQHX4715IR@fedora>
In-Reply-To
<CNC8ZX4AZ8IJ.P9AMX7SMKJYV@ryzen> (view parent)
I too thought it was an issue with linking file types to an application, but I checked both the Fedora configuration and mimeapps.lst and got nothing. But your solution went perfectly!

Thank you very much.

<CNC9OSIQICHX.RVW07B8LTMH5@marty>
In-Reply-To
<CNC8I4P2Y5MU.ED6PM6T0K9KB@fedora> (view parent)
Javier Villate, Oct 03, 2022 at 12:59:
> Hello.
>
> AERC opens Firefox if I want to read a message in a browser, but
> I want to use Chromium, how do I do it?

If you use the current master version, you can force a default opener
for text/html independently from the default mime handler.

[openers]
text/html=chromium

More details:

https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/commit/45bff8851509432f6b5a21360ce67a7b2ca55eb5
<CNC9VCYGQE58.1MB26SXAM2GWT@fedora>
In-Reply-To
<CNC9OSIQICHX.RVW07B8LTMH5@marty> (view parent)
That was one of my first choices, but it didn't work out.

Thank you.

On Mon Oct 3, 2022 at 1:55 PM CEST, Robin Jarry wrote:
> Javier Villate, Oct 03, 2022 at 12:59:
> > Hello.
> >
> > AERC opens Firefox if I want to read a message in a browser, but
> > I want to use Chromium, how do I do it?
>
> If you use the current master version, you can force a default opener
> for text/html independently from the default mime handler.
>
> [openers]
> text/html=chromium
>
> More details:
>
> https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc/commit/45bff8851509432f6b5a21360ce67a7b2ca55eb5