~rjarry/aerc-discuss

6 4

aerc 0.15.x regression: disappearing messages

<CSACFZV68TX1.2UCH7ZW0XJV7F@taiga>
When I delete a message, or move messages to another folder, the deleted
or moved messages *and* one or two messages adjacent to them often
disappear. The superflous messages are not affected by the delete/move
operation, and re-appear after changing folders or restarting aerc.
Reproduced on 0.15.0 and 0.15.1 with the maildir backend.
<CSCJO068I4K6.FS3TG9P6I9CC@bisio>
In-Reply-To
<CSACFZV68TX1.2UCH7ZW0XJV7F@taiga> (view parent)
El 30/30/2023 a las 9:40, Drew DeVault dejó escrito:
> When I delete a message, or move messages to another folder, the deleted or
> moved messages *and* one or two messages adjacent to them often disappear.
> The superflous messages are not affected by the delete/move operation, and
> re-appear after changing folders or restarting aerc.
I'm getting this as well after a while in the notmuch interface. I haven't had
the time (nor clues) to try to debug it.
<CSCLPRSGVAGK.234262Z82ET3O@spunky>
In-Reply-To
<CSCJO068I4K6.FS3TG9P6I9CC@bisio> (view parent)
On Wed May 3, 2023 at 4:44 AM CDT, inwit wrote:

> El 30/30/2023 a las 9:40, Drew DeVault dejó escrito:
> > When I delete a message, or move messages to another folder, the deleted or
> > moved messages *and* one or two messages adjacent to them often disappear.
> > The superflous messages are not affected by the delete/move operation, and
> > re-appear after changing folders or restarting aerc.
> I'm getting this as well after a while in the notmuch interface. I haven't had
> the time (nor clues) to try to debug it.

Does the message come back if you were to :clear?

--
Tim
<CSCLVYBBEXXR.62WE7UB06DXY@taiga>
On Wed May 3, 2023 at 6:29 AM CDT, Drew DeVault wrote:
> Yes.

Alright...That helps a ton with debugging. I'll check it out!

--
Tim
<CSCNUU5O1PG6.17Y9TNW5PK167@henleybeach>
In-Reply-To
<CSCJO068I4K6.FS3TG9P6I9CC@bisio> (view parent)
Just in case this helps with debugging, it seems that this behaviour
also occurs for auto-deleted recalled messages.

Specifically, if there are several draft messages and one of them is
`recall`ed and sent, then when the sent email gets automatically
deleted, an adjacent message disappears.
<CSCPZB8M92CW.24VSITUD18ERQ@bisio>
In-Reply-To
<CSCNUU5O1PG6.17Y9TNW5PK167@henleybeach> (view parent)
Maybe this is unrelated, but sometimes threading also stops working when the
disappearing adjacent messages effect happens. Toggling threads on and off
solves it.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)