~scoopta/wlrobs

1

Make library install-able

Marian Buschsieweke
<20200608162600.058fc0bf@faultier2go>

with the attached patch the plugin can be installed using "ninja install". This
makes packaging this a bit easier.

Speaking of packaging: Downloading the same revision as tarball multiple times,
e.g. "wget https://hg.sr.ht/~scoopta/wlrobs/archive/<REVISION>.tar.gz", will
result in a different file each time. I guess the tarball is generated on the
fly and some timestamp is included somehow. However, the package build recipes
usually contain a checksum to verify the download. Would it be possible to
generate the archive in a reproducible way instead?

Kind regards,
Marian
Scoopta
<bba2f72e-c1ef-62d7-61ab-faa3a8201163@scoopta.email>
In-Reply-To
<20200608162600.058fc0bf@faultier2go> (view parent)
Thanks, I pushed the patch. The tarball time stamping problem is an
issue with sourcehut. Every package maintainer has worked around it and
it's completely out of my control. See this issue opened by one of the
FreeBSD package maintainers https://todo.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/hg.sr.ht/33
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)