~sforman/bladders-announce

Bladders project announcement.

<20190911164635.92CC6C06F5@smtp.hushmail.com>
To whom it concerns,

I'll be maintaining Python 2.7 for the indefinite future. This will be
under project name "Bladders". (Python is named after Monty Python's Flying Circus.
There is another fantastic British comedy called Black Adder, and
the main character is sometimes called "Bladders" as a contraction
of Black Adder.) Unlike Tauthon, I won't change the language at all,
only maintenance. I'm also going to make a curated repository of
Python 2 code, starting with the standard lib and some common
third-party packages (like Snakefood.)

Project repo: https://git.sr.ht/~sforman/Bladders
Subscribe: ~sforman/bladders-announce+subscribe@lists.sr.ht

Warm regards,
~Simon

--

"The history of mankind for the last four centuries is rather like
that of an imprisoned sleeper, stirring clumsily and uneasily while