~sircmpwn/aerc

1

Re: Settings for Yahoo

Javier Villate
<1625759681246.4227358195.1894656159@disenso.net>
I'm sorry. I'm doing something wrong with the replies but I don't know it.
Conclusion: no way for resolving the connection to Yahoo from Aerc, isn't
it?

Why I can connect to Yahoo from Alpine and not from Aerc?

--
Javier Villate

Re: Settings for Yahoo

<CCNVSZXTKST2.1062JMZMYTCKI@ARCHe-Moritz>
In-Reply-To
<1625759681246.4227358195.1894656159@disenso.net> (view parent)
On Thu Jul 8, 2021 at 5:57 PM CEST, Javier Villate wrote:
> I'm sorry. I'm doing something wrong with the replies but I don't know
> it.

If you visit the Website and your message in particular [0] you can see
the Blue "Reply to thread" button. Hitting it will open your mail
program and allow you to insert your message. If your mail program is
aerc, you may have to use my .desktop file which is just some messages
down.
After hitting this button, type your message and hit send, and
everything will work just as intended

> Conclusion: no way for resolving the connection to Yahoo from Aerc,
> isn't
> it?

At least none I would know of. Maybe someone else can help you with
that. If it is a complete showstopper to you, consider changing MTA
(left yahoo years ago and never regretted it).

> Why I can connect to Yahoo from Alpine and not from Aerc?

No Idea tbh. But I never used Alpine. Maybe they are using a more
compatible version of that standard? I don't even know when the email
specs were last updated.

0: https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/aerc/%3C1625759681246.4227358195.1894656159%40disenso.net%3E
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)