~sircmpwn/aerc

2

Protonmail Bridge Certificate

Mike
<3126122.kLVQsNTdqe@silver-i7>
Protonmail Bridge seems to require that the server certificate is not correctly
signed.

aerc returns an error (x509 certificate is signed by unknown authority) when
attempting to contact the server (127.0.0.1), which I believe to be the
localhost.

Is aerc able to ignore this error, or is this beyond fixing?
<20201117034618.mojxl5usn3xv5ahc@feather.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<3126122.kLVQsNTdqe@silver-i7> (view parent)
On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 03:38:21AM +0000, Mike wrote:
> Is aerc able to ignore this error, or is this beyond fixing?

Bah, wrong list... This wasn't the issue tracker sorry.

You need to add the protonmail cert to your OS cert store to make it trusted.
Alternatively use something like mbsync and the maildir worker.

Cheers,
Reto
<20201117035238.2o24cosf6rys243p@feather.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<20201117034618.mojxl5usn3xv5ahc@feather.localdomain> (view parent)
On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 04:46:18AM +0100, Reto wrote:
> Bah, wrong list... This wasn't the issue tracker sorry.

And just to be clear, that's was meant as a remark to me not Mike...
Thought this was the issue tracker and sent a duplicate marker instead of a reply
meant for a human.... forgot to inlcude the list as well.

So in essence, my bad.
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)