~sircmpwn/aerc

1

Are Layout changes possible?

Christian Lorenz
<63B49FC6-049A-415A-A0F5-565046BF92A6@lorenz-kraft.de>
Hi everybody, i’m currently just fooling around with aerc and wonder if its possible to get my beloved „three pane view“ (folders - messages - message) without changing the source. Would be nice if a simple description of the layout would be possible. Something like
:row
- folders
- messages
- message

or
:row
- folders
- :col
 - messages
 - message

Also:
Filters seem to be awesome, but my first attempt to use them seem to be limited the body of the mail only … why is that? My desired filter needs the subject (and use it to check for a previously send mail).

Of course i can add several „[filters]“ in config, but this would require to change aerc config every time (in contrast to changing the script itself)

Thanks for any feedback!

Greetings from Cologne,

Christian Lorenz
<20201121143550.5an3ovfcvcdxlwdk@feather.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<63B49FC6-049A-415A-A0F5-565046BF92A6@lorenz-kraft.de> (view parent)
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 01:12:30PM +0100, Christian Lorenz wrote:
> Hi everybody, i’m currently just fooling around with aerc and wonder if its possible to get my beloved „three pane view“ (folders - messages - message) without changing the source.

Not without changing the source no.

> Also:
> Filters seem to be awesome, but my first attempt to use them seem to be limited the body of the mail only … why is that? My desired filter needs the subject (and use it to check for a previously send mail).

Filters don't operate on the body of the email either, they operate on a message
part if the body is multipart.
They are meant to rearrange things for displaying, not to provide more functionality.

So think html --> plaintext, adding colors, things like this.

What do you actually want to do?

Cheers,
Reto
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)