~sircmpwn/aerc

Inaccurate rendering of "true" colours

tmpod
Details
Message ID
<8bq6w8JGKFrJT2AwYvSZj2ezJElP4Mo6w70uuq8UKWjCICV74uwKUOEbgltez1JFgQyGngwuBcjjp52e5o76T-zWX9a6aX1LftUlc7kEQyI=@pm.me>
DKIM signature
pass
Download raw message
As of now, aerc does not correctly display the colours configured on
stylesets. For example, #E53265 is displayed as #D7005F.

I've tested separately and it isn't the terminal's fault, it can render
colours just fine. I took a quick look at aerc's code (even though I'm
not a Go programmer) and at tcell's `GetColor` implementation, and found
no real issue. I even played a bit around in the Go playground and the
colour conversion worked well. I have not tried a better test with an
actual demo TUI since I lack the Go skills to do it quickly.

It would be really nice to see this fixed :)

~tmpod
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)