~sircmpwn/aerc

Mailing list for aerc development.

2 2

Copying message to sent items fails with GMail

Alex Dewar
<BWQEV3H464T4.2WHVV0NTUC41U@lenovo-laptop>
Hi all,

I've just started using aerc and I'm trying to set it up with my GMail.
Everything seems to work, except that when I send a message it fails to
copy it to the sent items folder, saying that the folder doesn't exist.
I couldn't find anyone having similar issues on the bugzilla.

Here's my accounts.conf:

[GMail]
source = imaps://alex.dewar90%40gmail.com:******@imap.gmail.com
outgoing = smtp+plain://alex.dewar90%40gmail.com:*******@smtp.gmail.com
default = INBOX
smtp-starttls = yes
from = Alex Dewar <alex.dewar90@gmail.com>
copy-to = "[Google Mail]/Sent"

I've tried both having quotes around the folder name and not and it
doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

Best,
Alex
<BWQF67K4BJNI.2KRMS2JZZMV5A@sawady>
In-Reply-To
<BWQEV3H464T4.2WHVV0NTUC41U@lenovo-laptop> (view parent)
On Tue Sep 3, 2019 at 2:45 PM Alex Dewar wrote:
> copy-to = "[Google Mail]/Sent"

AFAIK, the correct folder is "[Gmail]/Sent Mail" (though Gmail will
automatically copy sent messages to there, so there shouldn't be a need
to have a copy-to at all).

Hope this helps!
Eyal
Alex Dewar
<BWQG21MHB4TK.1R5ZIB9RRQ8YA@lenovo-laptop>
In-Reply-To
<BWQF67K4BJNI.2KRMS2JZZMV5A@sawady> (view parent)
On Tue Sep 3, 2019 at 9:59 AM Eyal Sawady wrote:
> On Tue Sep 3, 2019 at 2:45 PM Alex Dewar wrote:
> > copy-to = "[Google Mail]/Sent"
>
> AFAIK, the correct folder is "[Gmail]/Sent Mail" (though Gmail will
> automatically copy sent messages to there, so there shouldn't be a need
> to have a copy-to at all).

It turned out to be [Google Mail]/Sent Mail for me, but thanks for the
pointer!