~sircmpwn/aerc

2 2

The styleset patch has been reverted

<C32FRPURYC1N.1ZI4NSQ04VINP@homura>
This patch wrecked my install and provied no clear path to a fix.  The
proported fix of running `make install` did not work, the man pages and
commit message provided no insight to an upgrade path, and I was 10
minutes into reading the code to figure it out before I decided this
patchset was merged too early and reverted it.

When we make big, breaking changes like that, the documentation needs to
be superb, users need to be presented with a clear upgrade path, and the
patchset needs to be thoroughly tested. If we're going to break people's
installations we need to be extremely fucking clear on how they can
unbreak them, and be certain that the steps, when followed, will
actually work.
<4FC2BDEF-A564-4629-9B2B-D93B942BA99A@labrat.space>
In-Reply-To
<C32FRPURYC1N.1ZI4NSQ04VINP@homura> (view parent)
Sorry, that's my mistake.

Also I just saw that I messed up during the rebase so that the commit appeared under my name instead of Srivathsan's... that was not my intention either.

So, blame's on me, won't happen again.

Kind regards,
Reto
<5639c0c5-3bcd-43d1-8885-a27f441ba5b9@www.fastmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<C32FRPURYC1N.1ZI4NSQ04VINP@homura> (view parent)
For what it's worth, I got it working on my system, with no knowledge of Go (copied the templates and sample config), and thought that this update looked great.

On Thu, 28 May 2020, at 3:35 PM, Drew DeVault wrote:
> This patch wrecked my install and provied no clear path to a fix.
Export thread (mbox)