~sircmpwn/aerc

4 2

Error message when replying with quote

<C5SZK40S91WD.15LPRSDKC77I2@enhorning>
Sometimes (I haven't been able to put a nail on exactly when), when
using

  :reply -aq

(e.g. via the `rq` default bind) the message "no part to read" is
printed on the status bar with a red background, and the editor view is
not opened.

Using

  :reply -a

works in these situation (minus the quote message, of course!)

Why is that?

Riccardo
<D3086697-E160-4BA9-A09D-D470BDAC324D@labrat.space>
In-Reply-To
<C5SZK40S91WD.15LPRSDKC77I2@enhorning> (view parent)
because aerc can't read the message part...
usually due to some structural error or a bug in the decoding.
<C5T21NJULFRJ.SV2U7ALPIWIG@enhorning>
In-Reply-To
<D3086697-E160-4BA9-A09D-D470BDAC324D@labrat.space> (view parent)
It just happened again while I was attempting to quote-reply to your
email.

So I postponed an email I was writing and closed aerc to re-start it
with logging. When I re-opened it and tried to :recall the draft I had
just save, I got the same error message! So it's definitely not limited
to quote-replying.

I've attached the log, which unfortunately doesn't seem to say much
more than the error message. Let me know if you think I should open a
bug report.

Riccardo
<73A36EFD-4547-4D66-8B06-BF878BF9D617@labrat.space>
In-Reply-To
<C5T21NJULFRJ.SV2U7ALPIWIG@enhorning> (view parent)
Ah, update to master that should fix your issue.

That's a bug in the released version
<C5T2IGSF30K5.32JQF4EY97PQH@enhorning>
In-Reply-To
<73A36EFD-4547-4D66-8B06-BF878BF9D617@labrat.space> (view parent)