~sircmpwn/aerc

2 2

New User Questions

Tomasz Tunguz
<C8HEOIQ9VIQW.5QX7MA65DSPQ@TTX.local>
Loving aerc. Thanks for working on it. I'm trying to figure out a few
things and couldn't find the way how to do it in man.

1. How do I enable threading?
2. Is there a way to create a macro to type someone's name into the cc
field?
3. Any way to enable autocomplete of addresses from a file?
4. How do I specify a color scheme for the inbox?
5. How do I open links in an email using the keyboard?

Thanks!
<20210112190124.q36p7ezxv7ehzvhx@feather.localdomain>
In-Reply-To
<C8HEOIQ9VIQW.5QX7MA65DSPQ@TTX.local> (view parent)
On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 10:54:09AM -0800, Tomasz Tunguz wrote:
> 1. How do I enable threading?

That feature doesn't exist quite yet.
If you want to get your hands dirty: https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/aerc/patches/19439

> 2. Is there a way to create a macro to type someone's name into the cc
> field?

That would need a patch, as for now macros can't escape certain characters

> 3. Any way to enable autocomplete of addresses from a file?

Yes, check aerc-config(5) for address-book-cmd

> 4. How do I specify a color scheme for the inbox?
aerc-stylesets(7)

> 5. How do I open links in an email using the keyboard?

Either via your terminal emulator (most sane terminal emulators have this as a feature)
or urlscan if the url spans over multiple lines

Cheers,
Reto
Tomasz Tunguz
<C8HH6SBVRFFS.2GBUGWSCH632I@TTX.local>
In-Reply-To
<20210112190124.q36p7ezxv7ehzvhx@feather.localdomain> (view parent)
Awesome. Thanks.

On the address-book-cmd i added this line

address-book-cmd=grep "%s%" path/to/address.txt

and I removed the tab binding in bind.conf, but I the autocomplete won't
trigger. Am I missing anything?
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)